My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
I picked this up for $50. At that price, I can afford to restore her back to original condition!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:congrats: and keep us posted on the restore. slkpk

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Great buy.

·
an effin canadian
549 Posts
Welcome again! still can't believe you got a hydro JD for $50!! the offer to take it off your hands for $75 still stands!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Good job on the purchase! I sold my black deck gear-drive STX38, and wished I'd had it back. I beat you though on the purchase of mine...mine was acquired for a bottle of cheap hooch!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, new hood is on its way. JD wanted $245 for just the hood. I got a new one with the decal set shipped for $215 from a JD dealer on eBay. New seat cover is also on the way.
Question for you JD guys with STX38 experience, when I get on an incline the deck is throwing the belt, any ideas what might be causing it?
Also if anyone has a pic of the deck off the mower, I would like to see it so I can see if anything is missing. Apparently the hangers must have broke off at one time, because they have been rewelded to the deck, and I don't think they got the position quite right. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Wow !, looks like you made a great deal on that machine, let us know how the restore goes, the new hood will be a major improvement :fing32: .

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have an STX38 with a yellow deck. I believe the one you have with the black deck attaches the same wasy. Was it welded in the front or the rear?

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Great buy!

Was the hood, seat, grill, and now the belt, the only issues? If so, you did great.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have an STX38 with a yellow deck. I believe the one you have with the black deck attaches the same wasy. Was it welded in the front or the rear?
It has the two hangers in the rear. I think they may be too far apart. Is there anything like springs missing here? There is one that is on the tensioner, but that is it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
This area is being bent and rubbed also(1). The hangers will only work on the outside. That is why I was thinking the hangers were put back on wrong(2).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts