My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Penn State Puller!
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it actually came earlier than I expected. I knew I would get it done by the end of September! Today I spent the afternoon finishing up my 210. Masked off the decals, mounted the seat springs, and mounted the hood and side panels. Its definitely not a professional restore but I am proud of it. I plan to keep this tractor for a long time and maybe my grandkids will get to drive it someday. I love the feel of these older JD's and just had to have one since my uncle's 318 was such a huge part of my childhood. For my first restore, I really like it. Still needs a few odds and ends. Needs new fender deck decals, taillight harness, shifter cover, and soon I am going to fix and install the grill, get a seat recover, and some new HDAP rears and V61 front tires. I love my 210. I know we have all had some experience working on or finishing tractor projects but this is real special to me since it is my first. I couldn't have done it without my grandfather, my dad, or my uncle. Took me over a year from start to finish but I'm glad I took my time. What do you all think of her? Still need to come up with a name for her.

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle Car

Vehicle Lawn Grass Asphalt Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Grass Natural environment

Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Lawn Grass

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Grass

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Car

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Nice job! Looks really good. A lot of work but they sure clean up nice:fing32:

·
Gear Driver
332 Posts
Looks great to me!! Fantastic job!!

·
Super Moderator
14,214 Posts
Congratulations Michael! It does feel good to finish up projects.

So, I have to ask... plans for the next one?

·
Administrator
13,434 Posts
Pictures 1 and 9 I see an exhaust pipe coming out the engine side cover, what did you use for muffler? I plan on adding a pipe to route the exhaust out of my 214, did you modify the muffler? It looks nice, great job!

·
Three of my friends
9,653 Posts
BOSOX,he had the end cut off and added the part you see,see his other post for details.

·
Penn State Puller!
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Nice job! Looks really good. A lot of work but they sure clean up nice:fing32:
Yes they do! I love this little thing.

Looks great to me!! Fantastic job!!
Thank you!

She really looks good! Nice job sir.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Looks great you do great work. Since it is done what is your nest projects? Maybe some attachments, you never have enough toy:)

I don't know if the name is an open discussion but it looks like a Jenny to me.

Mikey.
I want to soup this thing up a bit. It will get HDAP tires, a sleeve hitch, and maybe even a plow blade or a grill guard. But that won't be for a while.

Congratulations Michael! It does feel good to finish up projects.

So, I have to ask... plans for the next one?
I was hoping someone would ask! Lol. Well my parents weren't too keen on me buying a second tractor...they thought one (the LA150) was enough. But after explaining to them how superior the older ones are to the newer ones, they agreed to let me have it. I have this little Yard King that my friend gave me. It's sitting in my uncle's barn waiting for a tune-up. Hasn't run in 5 years. I'll get this out of the way and off my hands.

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Riding mower Tractor

I hate to say it but I think once the Yard King is out of my hands, that will be the last tractor I get for a while. However I do want to find myself a 314, 316, 317, or a 318 since my uncle's 318 REALLY means a lot to me. And you can't not have the best JD GT made! :fing32: Maybe next season the LA150 will finally die and I can convince my dad that we need to upgrade to a GX or X series mower :praying:

Looks good to me :fing32:

Pictures 1 and 9 I see an exhaust pipe coming out the engine side cover, what did you use for muffler? I plan on adding a pipe to route the exhaust out of my 214, did you modify the muffler? It looks nice, great job!
Biker3777 hit it on the head. What happened was the old muffler was junk, so I bought a good used one from a guy on WFM.

Auto part

But this one turned out to be a muffler for an older 210, so the baffle on the end was facing the wrong way and was blowing the fumes out the grill. So my uncle took it into his shop, cut the baffle off the end, and then made a funnel out of tin and welded it on there. It almost looks factory. He did a great job. It looks and sounds great.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive engine part

BOSOX,he had the end cut off and added the part you see,see his other post for details.
Thanks for clearing it up for him Biker.

·
Penn State Puller!
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I got the grill on her. Now shes finally KATT-approved! (And yes I know the emblem is supposed to be a little higher up...fixed that.)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Car

Sent from the MTF Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,753 Posts
Yep! it is officially approved :bananapow Great job.

·
Penn State Puller!
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.

·
Penn State Puller!
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I posted in the "lets see your pictures" thread but I'll post it again for those who haven't seen it. THIS is where the thread really begins. Finally got the dull green paint off of the tractor, wet sanded and primed with Rustoleum green, then wet sanded again and shot the hood, fenders, and side panels with 5 coats of JD green from the dealer. FINALLY happy with the way she looks. Shines real nice and doesn't have any flaws except one run in the front which can be wet sanded. I'm surprised I didn't go that route when I first repainted it last year. Now I don't want to use it because it looks too good lol. After the new drive belts go on, the only thing she really needs is a refresh of the old Kohler. Still has power to run the model 47 deck but burns oil and smokes. I'm going to pull with it next summer so I'm going to add a front weight bracket/grill guard from Alzwelding, a 2-in-1 sleeve hitch and wheelie bar, and Tru-Power ags on their own rims. Oh, and my set of 25 lb Cub Cadet cast wheel weights.

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Grass Tractor

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Motor vehicle Riding mower

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Motor vehicle Grass

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Agricultural machinery

·
Penn State Puller!
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also added a couple "custom" badges :fing32: should make a nice touch when I start pulling with it and the rebuilt Kohler next summer.

Circle Floor

Green Vehicle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.