Registered
8,508 Posts
Nice to see the old bucket and stump pic again, Duc. :fing02:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Nice pics

Hi Ducati,

How much higher will that 410 loader go than my 210? I have to stretch mine all the way up to load in to a industry standard dumpster (however tall that is ). Also, could you tell us a little bit about that aerator? Nice pictures btw :fing32:

Kurt

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hi Ducati, I was wondering how many hrs are now on your JD.. Do like seeing the pictures of your snow... Your place is a great place to have it instead of down here.... :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
horseman1 said:
Hi Ducati,

How much higher will that 410 loader go than my 210? I have to stretch mine all the way up to load in to a industry standard dumpster (however tall that is ). Also, could you tell us a little bit about that aerator? Nice pictures btw :fing32:

Kurt
The spec's say 74" and giving the height advantage (clearance under the chassis) between the 2210 and 4110 series (sames as 4100) I can reach over the side of a 20 yrd dumpster just under max. height extension.

The Aerator is made by Mid west and I bought it from Corirrher equipment.
However there a few other vendors that come to mind -CCM and sweetfarm tractors. You should be able to get any color you want, but I dont think Corrirher sells any other than NH blue these days....My tiller is blue, since color dosent bother me (its a First choice tiller)

Ducati

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
draddogs said:
Hi Ducati, I was wondering how many hrs are now on your JD.. Do like seeing the pictures of your snow... Your place is a great place to have it instead of down here.... :)
Hi ErnieG,

It have just a tad over 100hrs....it takes a while to put hours on, because FEL work is done at about 1500-1800 RPM and only at full PTO speed does the hour meter operate at a 1 to 1 ratio.Thats a Deere thing, I dont use it for mowing, thats the Cub's job. I know excuses, excuses

Ducati

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
ducati996 said:
Hi ErnieG,

It have just a tad over 100hrs....it takes a while to put hours on, because FEL work is done at about 1500-1800 RPM and only at full PTO speed does the hour meter operate at a 1 to 1 ratio.Thats a Deere thing, I dont use it for mowing, thats the Cub's job. I know excuses, excuses

Ducati
Duc,

The hour meter on my 2210 operates pretty close to "clock time" no matter what rpm I run it at. Are you sure yours is operating correctly? On the other hand, I can just see when you go to sell it: "20 year old JD, 220 hrs, like new." ROF

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JDFANATIC said:
Duc,

The hour meter on my 2210 operates pretty close to "clock time" no matter what rpm I run it at. Are you sure yours is operating correctly? On the other hand, I can just see when you go to sell it: "20 year old JD, 220 hrs, like new." ROF

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210
Hi JdFan,

Its a known Deere thing, if you are not using the PTO at PTO speed the hour meter is fractionalized. I think you are using your mower at full PTO speed and your blower too. Watch it when you are doing loader work lets say for 10 hours at about 1,500 RPM. You will log about 5 hrs on the meter...
This is true for all the 4000 series, or up until very, very recently...why would the 2210 be different, I dont know....anybody speculate as to why?

Ducati

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Sounds like that is worth researching. I always thought my hours matched up to clock time, not engine revolution adjusted clock time.

If that's the case, why do they call it hours? Why not some other measurement unit of engine wear?

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
duc,

Not really. I spend a lot of time at idle to ~ 2000 rpm. Tractor is quieter and has plenty of power for most things at those speeds. Maybe the 2210 is different?

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PTO speed actually if the machine is running at full PTO 540 or 2580 rpm then everything is one to one....I hope Chief comes in and either supports this or disproves this- otherwise I gotta find the proof that this was absolutley the case up until very recently

Update: In my 4100 manual page 13 it reads " hour meter- shows the number of used hours the engine has run at 2650 rpm. If the engine has run at less than 2650 Rpm, the indicated hours are less than the actual running hours."

I think that covers that :) maybe it was changed like last year because i have used 4110 & 4115 with backhoes and mowers and they still worked the same way

Ducati

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
So when I snowblow I'm racking up even more hours than I use the machine. I'm running at full wide open throttle & would take more RPM if available.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keweenaw4310 said:
So when I snowblow I'm racking up even more hours than I use the machine. I'm running at full wide open throttle & would take more RPM if available.
I think its just rated for the PTO speed on your tach. I dont think it considers anything higher than that RPM. Your really screaming that diesel arent you?
The snow thrower needs all of it? you have a FEL correct? In the summer you will see the difference when you are loafing along at 1500-1800 rpm
less hour meter logging...

Ducati

·
Registered
939 Posts
time is relative

I have 70 hours or so on my 2210 and I notice that clock time and hourmeter time are different. I dont usually run the RPMs all the way up unless needed, which is either with a full load or having fun running out to the road in high range :).

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
ducati996 said:
I think its just rated for the PTO speed on your tach. I dont think it considers anything higher than that RPM. Your really screaming that diesel arent you?
The snow thrower needs all of it? you have a FEL correct? In the summer you will see the difference when you are loafing along at 1500-1800 rpm
less hour meter logging...

Ducati
The blower needs the high RPM. Manual for blower recommends full throttle & I see why. When Under load, I normall use the marker for the PTO rated speed as a marker to not pass. If RPMs drop down to that mark, I let up on the forward motion a little to not take in so much snow.

I did get to put 60 hours of FEL use on this tractor in the fall. I keep it below the PTO rated speed for sure. Not too much below, and not 1500, but somewhere between there and 2200 depending on the load of what I'm working with.

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
bat,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: If you don't get a response, you might want to start a new post for your question.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone having problems with some play in the front steering linkage of a 4100 (mine is a 1999)
I no longer have a 4100 but the make up is very similar - how many hours on the machine? could be a ball joint needs replacing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 4100 (1999) has 500 hrs the ball joint with play is connected to the power steering piston and is solid so to replace the joint means the PS piston also. The play is slight maybe 1/16 inch. I will post a picture. Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts