My Tractor Forum banner

241 - 251 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
ran across this today

John Deere 318 w/ Deck, Blade, Tiller - farm & garden - by owner -...

asked if they would separate the tiller.
That’s a good deal for the whole package, if everything is in good shape. If they do separate the tiller, make sure you get all the pieces. I see most of them in the pic, butI do not see the lower brackets that bolt on to the tractor axle ( where the 3 PH mounts would go).

edit: I see them. They are still on the tractor itself. You can see them in pic #3.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That is a 30 hydraulic tiller. Front, mid-mount pump version. Older - can tell at a glance account the particular protective rings around the hoses and that the motor on the tiller housing is not recessed some like the later models.
Looks like all the OEM mounting hardware is there. Both the upper and lower tractor mounted brackets (4) are on the tractor. Since you have a 3 pt. hitch you can also look for or fabricate a 3 pt. hitch 30 hydro tiller bracket.

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
I wouldn't call that cheap id call that looking for a good deal. to bad he turned it down and then asked for a lot more. I hate it when people ask you how much your willing to pay for it and then want way more then your willing to pay. do they think someone on craigslist is willing to pay them top dollar.?!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I’d say 800$ish for the Craigslist tiller. Pretty fair, maybe 750$ at the least. It’s complete, you’ll spend a lot of time and money tracking down missing mounts etc if you buy an incomplete set up.

The tiller in the WFM link is a good deal IMO at 1000$. It’s got the 12” extension making it a 42” (30”+12”), a 3PH mast (it is homemade), and it has the rear pto included.

I think you could probably find one eventually at 600$, but it’s going to need work or be missing parts IMO.

241 - 251 of 251 Posts