My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sears-o-holic
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been toying around with this LT1000- got her looking perty good. Paint is finished, it will get decals as soon as I get them made for it :) The flames aren't the best but I'm no artist :)

·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Custom decals? Or are you going to badge it as original?

Either way....a pretty cool looking mowing machine. Was that all done with rattle can paint?

·
Sears-o-holic
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Custom decals but they will say "craftsman" and "LT1000". Quarter mile is likely unimpressive, but according to my GPS it does do 21MPH, thanks to a 3" pulley on the six speed in place of the original humongo one. All done with Rustoleum spray paint, it turned out pretty good but you can still tell it's rattle canned. I'm going to reconfigure the steering-probably upgrade to handlebars so I can utilize a hand throttle, and after that I am going to "rewire" it, basically replace the keyswitch with toggle switches. I saw the "biker balls" at the same place I got the truck nutz for my big diesel truck, so I had to get em.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice job!

Mine will be done soon. My signature will contain the link to the post when it's finished.

·
Registered
473 Posts
that has a good top speed for just changing a pully. Way to go. Now you have given me the bug to find an old mower to strip down. Post the decales you put on.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
Nice! What does the "turbo" on the engine decal mean? Not a real turbo, is it? I'm not familiar with that engine. 19.5 HP should move you out in a hurry - that must be fun!

·
Registered
755 Posts
fcubman, i thought all the braves were killed off?, did they miss one? don't let em know., stuff a small block chevy in that tractor, that will change the blue balls to white knuckles, does running bare love little white dove still?

·
Sears-o-holic
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rstocker- it went from a 9" pulley to a 3" pulley, so it was a pretty drastic change. That speed is with the governor still on, too.

Fcubman- the "turbo" is because B&S called these engines "turbo cooled" it says that on the engine shroud. I assume that is why they carried the turbo over to the cowl panel. That is a factory decal you're reading. I think the turbo cool is the addition of a fan shroud under the hood, to direct cool air from outside over the motor, not just swish around the hot air under the hood. Let me say, this thing REALLY sucks air through the vent in the hood!!!!!! Almost enough suction to pull your hand down to the hood!

mark777- that is a sears-made add-on bumper I bought. Sears discontinued the red ones, so I got it on clearance for $16.XX i think. Too cheap to say no!!!! LOL It matches pretty good, right outta the box! It's a little darker, but not enough for me to cover the factory ppowder coat with paint :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
looks cool to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts