My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tiller works fine but few things do not look right.
Can not find a clear pic so maybe someone here can help.
2 questions.

1: Is the Forward reverse lever bent ? When it is enguaged and the depth is set to its deepest depth it hits. see pic

2: Is the high low gear pivot point bent ? It looks as it is but it is such an even bend I am not sure. see pic
Mr ed.JPG

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes it is bent. I just went out and looked at mine. The knob should be dead center about 5 inches over the loser knob. It looks like something or some one has pushed way down on the long lever. It should not be along side the other one. When my long shift lever is all the way down it is 5 inches above the lower knob and the two centers are dead aligned with each other. Hope this helps.
Yours is to the left and bent down a good 6 inches or more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is bent. I just went out and looked at mine. The knob should be dead center about 5 inches over the loser knob. It looks like something or some one has pushed way down on the long lever. It should not be along side the other one. When my long shift lever is all the way down it is 5 inches above the lower knob and the two centers are dead aligned with each other. Hope this helps.
Yours is to the left and bent down a good 6 inches or more.
Thanks I kind of thought it was bent.

What about the High low gear pivot point (Bottom pic)
That looks bent but that could also be factory bend as it is so perfect.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just rebend the fwd/rev lever back into postion,this is normal on these tillers....It's hard to tell on the hi/low lever in the pic,but if it is functioning alright "no worries" Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the other part i am talking about i highlighted it with green it is the high low gear notice how the green line angles up mid ways. I want to restore this thing this winter and if that bend is not a factory bend a few taps with a hammer will make it flat again. The bend is so perfect i can not tell for sure if it should be like that or if at one point time someone tried to force up on the handle and bent it.

Mr ed.JPG

·
Registered
660 Posts
This is the other part i am talking about i highlighted it with green it is the high low gear notice how the green line angles up mid ways. I want to restore this thing this winter and if that bend is not a factory bend a few taps with a hammer will make it flat again. The bend is so perfect i can not tell for sure if it should be like that or if at one point time someone tried to force up on the handle and bent it.

View attachment 71316
I have it over at the neighbors right now. I will go take a look this aftenoon and get back too you.

·
Registered
660 Posts

View attachment 71316
Here is the manual for your tiller. Yes it should be streight. Be very careful that you do not put another bend it in trying to get it streight. It is a shift lever. If you can get it off I would put it in a vice and to streighten it. It needs to be streight to have the proper adjustment. I have huge adjustable wrenches I put on things to streighten them out. I am not sure what you have. It is not going to be easy to streighten then again you might have the right touch. LOL Sorry your tiller is bent.

There are some great parts on E bay and they are cheap. Some of the tillers are very cheap and in good condition as well. Your link is below.

http://www.troybilt.com/wcsstore/pics/TroyBilt/769-03557.pdf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts