My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tractor's history
This tractor was made in the mid 1990's by a man who lived in north Texas. He was a very good welder and made many alluminum boats. When his old riding mower broke down he decided to buy a new one that he could use for mowing his lawn, working in his garden, and moving trailers. He looked at John Deere, Kubota, Cub Cadet, and even Sears but he could not find a garden tractor that met his requirments so he decided to make one. He got to work and started buying materials. He started making it in December 1993 an finished it in July 1994. He used the tractor almost daily for mowing, working in the garden, and moving trailers. He used the tractor up until he passed away in 2003. When he passed his property and equipment was auctioned off. The auctoneer was a good freind of the creator of the tractor and when it came up in the auction he bought it. He used the tractor for a couple years and then it was parked in the barn out back. The tractor sat in the exact same same spot until October 2012 when I purchased the tractor and brought it home. I have not done much to the tractor but I plan on fixing it and using it for mowing and gardening. The creator made afew attachments for the tractor including a modified Brinly 12 inch plow ad a homemade disc cultivator. These attachments have been lost over the years.

Tractor's spec
Waukesha 23 horsepower 4 cylinder gas engine
Borg Warner T83 3 speed transmission with 2 shifters (3 forward speeds one reverse)
Narowed Chysler rear axle from the 1950's
Has 12 volt electrical system
5 gallon gas tank
Waukesha radiator
Water temp guage
Oil pressure guage
Amp guage
Hydraulic brakes
5.70/5.00 front tire size
9.5-16 rear tire size
38 inch mower deck from 1970's Sears/Roper GT
Has electric start with genorator
Tractor is about 80 inches long, 46 inches wide, and about 4 feet tall at the top of the steering wheel (highest point) measurements taken with mower deck attached
Homemade front axle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
That is very unique! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
98 You sure posted some nice picture this time. Hope you get is going soon.

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98 You sure posted some nice picture this time. Hope you get is going soon.
Thanks. I had a proffesional photagropher come out and take a bunch of photos. Once I get the tractor running (hopefully in April or May) I will may have a photographer come out and get more photos earler in the day with the mower deck not attached.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Kinda looks like a jeep.Cool looking..

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Have you weighed it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The best way to get that tractor weighed would be to take it to your local shipping firm and have it sent to me. THEY WILL WEIGH IT.............lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I needed to weigh it, I'd load it up and go to the county dump. Give the weigh station guy 10 bucks to weigh me, let me unload it, then weigh me again. That thing is so interesting he'd probably do it for nothing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's a cool looking machine. One easy way to weigh it might be to jack up the rear, and then the front, and set the tires on two bathroom scales which can read up to 300 lb each. Add 'em all up, and you should be pretty close. I doubt that it weighs any more than 500 pounds.

Another idea for weighing may be to hook it up to a chain hoist and measure the pull required with a fish scale. I'm not sure what the ratio is, but it seems like it takes only about 20-30 pounds to lift 300 pounds, so you can first calibrate it by lifting, say, four 80 lb sacks of concrete, and measure the pull for that.

Looking forward to more news on the restoration and celebration. :trink39:

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I know this thing weights more than 500 pounds. When I hauledit home I hauled it on a small trailer that I always use for hauling mowers and this trailer was beyond capacity. All my tires were at 20 PSI which is what there rated for and they all looked almost flat. I have hualed a Cub Cadet 102 with mower deck on this trailer and the trailer barely noticed it was there.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,235 Posts
the engine in it alone will weigh 500 or a lil over..

·
Registered
574 Posts
lost?

I mis place my keys all the time, wallet too. I am proud to say I have never mis placed a tractor attachment! Probably would have except they're too big to hide.

Can you tell us something about the motor and drive train?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts