My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hope the pic shows up, first time trying to do it straight from an iPhone.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Well it looks like it went through so I'll try some more, here are both my tractors. The LT12 started it all and got me interested in tractors a couple of years ago. I added the Gt18 last spring for work duties, I was overworking the little one!

·
Registered
201 Posts
GT's and FF's are so ugly they're cute. :sidelaugh:sidelaugh Great looking GT :fing32:

Here's its big brother. FF 24 Strong family resemblence.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ya I agree, they are very different looking tractors but mine has grown on me. I felt the front end looked a little empty and flimsy looking so I cut up an old road sign and made my own insert and drilled some holes in it for cooling purposes. I like the front end looks a lot more now. If I can find some FF side skirting I'd like to adapt them too, they just look more solid to me.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Looking good, those tractors are growing on me . very nice one though :thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
In all my fiddling around with Sears tractors-I've only had one shot at one to buy,but it looked like it had been left on the RR track at the wrong time of day.I would love to have one of the larger ones,FF24--no offense-but they are loggerheaded looking.:trink40:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do prefer the box style front end more but that's not what I ended up finding, I wish the hood was steel instead of fiberglass though. One thing I do enjoy about this style is that not everyone has one like some of the other Gt's you find. And their is no electric pto to go out, it's all manual on that model.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
They had one of those a couple of years ago at our local auction with a single cylinder in it (don't remember the size). Looked like it had room for a cooler and a couple suitcases under the hood. I had a GTV16 at the time and didn't need two big headed ones. I did see one in nice shape sell for a pretty good amount at another sale $450 I think.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya the smaller models with the tiny motors and tires just look disproportional to me, the bodies are so big they need the bigger tires and engines.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
We had a nice roper version show up on CL in my town last year. Never saw a green & white one, only silver. It was reasonable, hope it got a good home.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
looks like they are smiling lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts