My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Nice set up Todd how does it work? Looks like that blower on it would do one heck of a job. :fing32:

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
niiice! :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
31,425 Posts
That is nice. How about some details??? That blower housing looks a lot like the one I have on my Ingersoll, but mine is hydro powerd. Is that a homemade cart, or a brand name? How about dumping?

I meen thinking up a cart idea to hook up to the blower on my Ingersoll. I have an old 4x6 utilty trailer that would be a great start, just need to disign the rest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cart is not home made, and there isn't any mfg name on it that I can see, I picked it up at an auction and it works great!! I mow about 2 acres and fill that cart up normally between 2 and 3 times. Here is a pic on how the blower is powered......(with the shield removed for photo purposes only.. :cool: )

Todd

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had thought Trac-Vac too, but don't they have an engine mounted on the tongue of the trailer to power their own blower? Can you buy just a trailer from them? There is no holes in the tongue for an engine and the tongue seems short for that setup on mine.....

Todd

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I never really paid that close attention. The ones I have seen were self powered....I guess I have a TracVac trailer then..... :050:

Todd

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like you are right Greg! I am glad to see that they came in red......I can paint mine to match my Gravely!! :bannana:

Todd

·
Registered
657 Posts
I made a similar setup for my Simplicity 12.5 LTH several years ago. I used an old popup camper trailer and took out all the insides so I ended up with the aluminum top that opened clam shell like and the small door on the lower part. cut a hole for the hose and ended up with a large bagger trailer. It was alittle too big for the mower but since the simplicity had a deck mounted blower that ran off the deck spindle I didn't have to worry about having a seperate engine for the blower. worked great for many years til I got rid of the tractor. I still use the trailer behind my current tractor.

Todd that looks like a nice Gravely. what model G is it? I didn't know they offered a rear pto blower like that. Pretty cool! :fing32:

Andy

·
Citizen of Earth
15,244 Posts
So what do you do with 3 loads of grass clippings every week? Must make for one REALLY BIG compost pile.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have 60 acres and some of it is wooded, so some gets plowed down and some goes into the woods.....It is not hard for me to get rid of it.

todd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts