My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I have the dreaded "I wanna's"

"I wanna" front loader so I don't have to shovel all this material by hand.

"I wanna" set of wheel weights - my 100# doesn't get the power to the ground

"I wanna" get through setting up my first garden so I have time to spiffy up the Cub.

"I wanna" go shopping at the tractor bone yard in Salem I found for parts to spiffy up the cub.

"I wanna" sell the tiller so I can go shopping at the Bone yard.

"I wanna" go back in time, so I learn about Garden tractors, BEFORE my starting my first garden this year. (see first wanna)

Ok, I feel better now, over my bratty pout. :thanku:

Time to go run the Pine Handled loader.

Hugs!

sheila

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Now she's going to have another "I wanna"! :fing20:

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,560 Posts
I wanna but some-a time I'm-a no getta :aetsch:

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
WoW Sheila! You've got it bad! Welcome to the club....it's an enjoyable addiction.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to know I'm not alone!!!

:thanku:

I quit smoking and started gardening - now I'm addicted to Garden tractors.

I can't win!

·
Registered
755 Posts
well sheila at least you don't have a wife telling you , you can't have these things, my wife smokes cigarettes, has had about 20 cats at 8,000.00 a meyoew, 3 dogs at 12,000.00, if i had the money she's put through the litter box and through her lungs just think of all the stuff i could afford. i don't understand the addiction to cats, our house doesn't smell like cologne water, they've ruined countless antiques, appliances. she says the produce unconditional love, i agree with doctor laura, unconditional love represent a sick relationship..

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, spent too many years wasting money on smokes, getting my little endorphin hit. Been quit for 112 days now. wish I could have said I saved the money, but between hard candies and setting up the garden - bye bye cash flow!

I like Kitties - have a old 20 year old inside cat, and 2 unseen Barn cats. I need one inside so no one will think I'm talking to myself when my Marty's gone! The old girl also protects me from the occasional lizard that comes inside. :)

Nope, no wife, but I got my Marty, the geek. He understands having having 5 computer stations in the house for the 2 of us, but didn't really understand why I needed a heaver tractor than the non framed Bolens/MTD. Love him!

Well, a rare sunny day here in the NW, so I'll sign off for now!

Hugs to all - (sorry, I'm a hugger)

Sheila

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
Yep, spent too many years wasting money on smokes, getting my little endorphin hit. Been quit for 112 days now. wish I could have said I saved the money, but between hard candies and setting up the garden - bye bye cash flow!

I like Kitties - have a old 20 year old inside cat, and 2 unseen Barn cats. I need one inside so no one will think I'm talking to myself when my Marty's gone! The old girl also protects me from the occasional lizard that comes inside. :)

Nope, no wife, but I got my Marty, the geek. He understands having having 5 computer stations in the house for the 2 of us, but didn't really understand why I needed a heaver tractor than the non framed Bolens/MTD. Love him!

Well, a rare sunny day here in the NW, so I'll sign off for now!

Hugs to all - (sorry, I'm a hugger)

Sheila
Maybe you need something like this...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know, you guys showing off the extra big "I wanna's" could get me into way deep trouble! :fing32:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Lets see....Here in Vt where the cigarette tax is $2.00 a PACk....I think the cost of 20 smokes is around $7.00:swow: so if your a 0ne pack a day smoker thats $210.00 a month .....if your a 2 pack a day smoker ,and you quit,i believe you can afford a new tractor ......lifes to short,if you can swing the payment ,do it ! Good Luck,Jim

·
16,490 Posts
It'll all work out--as you get more a-tuned to what you are doing and what you need--and learn more--the self-education never stops...

In a year--you'll be surprised at what you have accomplished!! Trust me!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Over the last year, I had been cutting back and finally got to 10 - 15 cigs a day depending if I had to deal with family or not. Cigs were 4.25 a pack.

Here's the stats from my counter at 12 cigs per day average.

I have been quit for 3 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 2 hours, 1 minute and 43 seconds (114 days). I have saved $315.15 by not smoking 1,483 cigarettes. I have saved 5 Days, 3 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/24/2009 10:11 AM

The Quit counter is my little daily pat on the back!

Yep, I'll get tuned into this garden stuff - I honestly knew it would be a minimum 2 year set up, considering the amount of rocks and clay I must deal with.

The cub is really going to help with my long term planting plans. I'm learning more and more why it was a 100.00 machine. The polarity is reversed, the front axle's been welded, as well as the pivot pin keeps wanting to come 1/2 out - But, like the garden, as time and cash allow, I'll be getting more function from her. In three years, I want to have a nice large plot set up for berries. Plows, hitches, rock rakes are all in my future!

anyway - I'm still smiling today - No pouts! :)

Last sunny day before the rain comes back in - time to garden!

Huggs-

Sheila

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm not sure but....

If the "I wannas" go away I think you're probably dead:229: . That ain't good. Keep wannaing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You Know you`ve really been Bitten by the Tractor Bug, When; Your out sitting on the Tractor, in your House Coat, your Slippers, Hair in Curlers,the tractor is idleing and, warming up ,and the Sun still hasn`t even come up yet.. LOL, :sidelaugh Enjoy the Sport..Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts