My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator and over 6K Posts!
6,620 Posts
That's a nice find for $20.00. I have a 5274 and a 7265, both from the same year as yours. The mowers that I have with the modular carbs have not given me any trouble. The decals on yours appear to be in fairly good shape and mostly complete. Put a new white PVC hand grip on that handle and it will feel like a new mower!! Bill

·
6,620 Posts
Hi! The grommet does not provide the tension for the speed control. There is a screw and a small plate under shroud base. It appears to be part number 607538, item #18 on the engine parts drawing. The screw and the plate keep tension on the control knob and rod as the rod has a bit of offset. The control should stay in either position so check by looking under the shroud and follow the control rod back and see if the plate and screw is there. If it is it may just be loose. If it is missing you will need to replace it and the screw. Bill

·
6,620 Posts
Hi! Glad that rubber piece helped with the tension on the speed control rod. Wouldn't hurt just to look under there to see if the tension plate is loose or missing so you will know if you have to either tighten it up or get one. Glad to hear it's running good so far. Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.