My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ed
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it, and couldn't be more excited:drunkie:. Over the weekend I bought my first Wheel Horse, (The one I was asking for help with the value of). It's a 1959 RJ. It has an older restoration on it, but is completely original with the exception of the the normal replacement parts (tires, belt). The tranny was rebuilt a few years ago. The motor from what I was told needs a coil. It turns freely, but doesn't have any spark. It will be fun working on it. It's missing a couple of other parts, but hopefully I can find them. It's not going to be a worker, but I would like to find an original deck for it. I would like to get it 100% complete.

Thanks to everyone that helped my with the value of this tractor. To be honest, I truly am a novice, and I had no idea what it was worth. I just knew I really wanted it. I probably would have passed on it until I talked to some the members on this site. I have attatched some pics, hope you like it.
Thanks again, Ed

Attachments

·
16,525 Posts
Looks good--you found/got what you wanted--that's important..

(BTW--nicknamed ' nutroasters"--note the engine location):biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
(sniff) I get kind of emotional thinking about my first WH (snort). I think that was four years ago. And I can't remember how many tractors since. Anyway, you've come to the right place for help and fellowship.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:congrats::congrats: on the great looking nut roaster. Good luck with it. slkpk

·
Ed
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses, but I do have a question. Do you literally mean bake the coil? If so, why? I am going to start looking for some parts for it soon. Any idea what size deck is original to this tractor, and how much should I expect to pay for one? It also needs a belt guard.
Thanks for any help, Ed

·
Registered
476 Posts
HI Tractor guy; I can't help much on what fit that WH Tractor, but the guys are right use it at least some. My WH C160 is 34 years young and it can still work the pants off me. I work it till its tail hangs down and it bakes the coil and it still starts and works the next day. Wish i could find 1959 like yours, GREAT FIND!:fing32:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts