My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my newest addition to the family. Right off the bat I know I'm going to need two new rims... this tractor has got some major rust issues as far as the rims go... The rest of it with the exception of the handlebars seems pretty in tact however.

If anyone knows where I might be able to get my hands on a set of rims for this monster please let me know.

Gotta go to a football game... I'll post the pics when I get back...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back from the game... We won!!!

Here's the pics...

It's rough!!! But the price was right. (free) Engine turns over, I think it's a 3hp or less... Haven't done much research on it yet. I noticed the carb was off while pulling from a half caved in barn... I was quite happy to find the carb sitting on a shelf close by... The engine still turns over and everything seems to be in working order... heavy surface rust though.

Any advise you have on this one would be great... I'm completely in the dark on this rig.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The 990149 is a model LC and believe they were sold 1959-62. You can download the manual for it from
http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/
Just enter the 990149 model number.

The wheels are very common on the early Wheel Horse tractors and probably more makes in the mid 50's to late 60's.

For a tractor that is badly rusted that is the cleanest ID plate I have ever seen. Be real careful with harsh cleaners - they will remove the paint on it.

Garry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts