My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and looked at one today, looked good, sounded good, so I bought it!
Broadmoor 1692414, haven't been able to find out the year yet. Has a 2 bag bagger with a blower setup similar to my dad's JD PowerFlow. 38" deck, perfect for my yard, and a 14hp briggs, with a hydro tranny. Nice clean, good looking yard tractor. I will have it home tomorrow, than the fun begins! And more pics. I sold my JD 115 in near perfect condition to get this one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 115, so I dont know what you gave up. But that Broadmoor should do a great job for a long time to come.

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,604 Posts
Broadmoor Model 1692414 was made in 1995-96 (according to SEPW.com).

Hope it does a great job for you for a long time!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, like I said, I'll get it home today and start cleaning/fixing whatever, hopefully not much fixing! My only anxiety over this is the hydro tranny. I haven't had the best of luck with hydros, or I just haven't been happy with their performance. Only one I've liked is the one on my dads JD 345, that hydro is bullet proof seems like, compared to my former Craftsman and JD 115.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is my first Simplicity, and at age 35, it's doing so well I'm pretty sure it will also be my last .

1974 Simplicity Sovereign 3416H. 48" deck, 42" snow blower, 36" rototiller w/ 6" extensions, 42" plow blade, dump cart, electric lift, tire chains wheel weights, front and rear lights, electric winch.

"The best reason to buy a new Simplicity, is an old Simplicity" -70's Simplicity add.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That Sir, is a tractor, **** of a machine, ya, if I had one that nice and that strong, I'd keep it too.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice solid machine! Congrats. Welcome to the Simplicity club. Watch out for green things, you can run over them but they may scratch your paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts