My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
Nice set up. Snow looks to be over 2 foot deep. Really nice garage or barn. Is it heated?

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
That's an impressive swath of snow that you moved.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its a pole barn/garage. More of a dumping spot for junk. If it was MY garage, that XXXX wouldnt fly at all. Yes indeed heated. Custom build redneck stove that Ive seen in other peoples garages. A 255 gal oil tank with a 55 gal drum on the top as a extra heat exchanger to get as much heat out of the exhaust gasses. Ill post a pic of that too. I was in my glory playing with the Bolens that I just bought last october. With the wussy winters we have been getting in Pa in the past few years I never dreamed of that white fluffy gift! I was sure I would have to move to new england to really appreciate it.

The snow was heavily packed as most drifts tend to do. The walk behind snow thrower did nothing but want to climb up on the drift. I busted out the 2000 and that nasty toothed auger shredded it like tissue paper. My dads 1402 with the 36" single stage he said didnt do so good which absolutely baffles me. IMHO, a single stage will out perform a 2 stage due to the auger spinning like a bat out of XXXX, but he said it wanted to climb up on the drifts as well. I dunno, i wasnt there.

Anyway, more pics to come!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ BWS: I have no idea, thats what im hoping to find out. This thrower has what I believe is called the "quick latch" attachment. not sure if its considered part of the thrower or the push bar. Its really cool though because once u have the push bar attached to the belly of the tractor, u can literally attach the thrower in about 30 seconds. U drive the wedge on the push bar into the reciever on the thrower, throw the lever, jam the pin through, and attach the driveshaft. DONE! Whats bad *** about that is you can quickly detach that pregnant Yak sized thrower when u dont need it, which allows u to drive it into say the corner of the garage, drop it and then store the tractor easily elsewhere.

This poor thing sat outside its whole life. If i would have bought it new, it would still look new. I am planning a full restore as soon as I find the time.

Thats all for now, more pics to come!

Attachments

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Very impressive piece of machinery. I like that blower. I have a large frame single stage that I will use on my 1886 this winter.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow, I hope that picture isn't what your weather looks like right now!:sidelaugh

·
5000 posts and climbing
5,454 Posts
That looks good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts