My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my first lawn boy. It has the staggered deck, commercial wheels, and a BBC! Model 6262. I put new fuel lines and an inline filter. I am in the prosses of tear down and re-paint. More pictures to follow.
SMV sign and lawnboy 002.jpg

SMV sign and lawnboy 003.jpg

SMV sign and lawnboy 004.jpg

SMV sign and lawnboy 007.JPG

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
cool!!

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks and best of all I got it for free! I plan on doing a complete restore on it.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Bwahahahaha......the first stages of LBAD.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
looking good, thats a **** fine mower

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Well, fellas, we got us another!

If every one of us gave away 1 Lawnboy to a poor, unsuspecting soul, this section of the forum would be bulging at the seams!

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I had one of those when I had my rental business that a customer left behind because it needed too much work. Over a winter I got it running, and I must say, what a nice machine it was. Kept it to cut the "back 40" around the property. Sometimes I wonder if I should have held on to it, but at least it went for $200 when I sold it.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Just got the engine shroud painted. Post pictures ASAP. And might be bringing home a buddy for him from the junk yard!

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where do you get lawn boy paint at? I painted the engine shroud a real dark green (Matches the green better than the black did) Like used on Chevy blazers like this one.
Chevy blazer.jpg

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
others can verify, but i believe the paint is called grabber green, you can get it at autoparts stores. Do a search for lawn boy green and it should turn up something for ya!!

way to keep these true mowers alive!!!

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Correct, Grabber Green, it's available from rustoleum and I think Duplicolor, but we don't have it around here. That's the deck color, for that model.

I suppose the purists would not change any colors, like painting the engine shroud something other than what it should be. But it's your mower... Decal looks in good shape, from what I can tell by the pic. I hope you taped it off and saved it?

On a side note, there's a guy with that has that exact engine for sale on Ebay, new in the box old stock. Think he was asking like $600 for one. haha.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, I tried to save all the stickers, but some are un-saveable.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: This is what it looks like after painting the engine shroud. Looks pretty nice. Now I have to paint the deck.
Lawnboy and snappers 002.jpg

Lawnboy and snappers 005.jpg

Lawnboy and snappers 007.jpg

Lawnboy and snappers 009.jpg

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can any one tell me how big the muffler bolt is so I can get one, part number 609471

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
looking good! Now you can get a few more lawnboys!!

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The bolt on the muffler nearest the exaust port, what is the bolt size? Thanks, havent got much done on it, but am looking for a another deck because this one is cracked and a carb. Found this going to pick it up this weekend http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/2017159917.html

1 - 20 of 69 Posts