My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mostly found over on the ,dare I say it,Cub Cadet forum .After a recent sale, I found myself tractor less so off to CL.I found this 314 and gave 375.00 for it .Real nice guy brought it over for me and I ran it around the lawn cuts real well.Looks kinda shabby now but I will work on that I'm pretty happy with it all told.A couple pictures sorry just my cell phone ones.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good looking tractor. And another one sees the light! :thThumbsU

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Good deal! I've never cared if my tractors don't look like trailer queens. I just make sure that they're perfect mechanically speaking.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
Very good Deere, you'll get a lot of work done with it, congrats!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the nice comments,I want to get out and tinker with it some today.It has a low hour replacement engine installed at a dealer so should go a long way.One question,this has twin sticks for the deck lift and I suppose the hydraulic ports up front.Is this an upgrade ? and how hard to find a snow plow for it now?

Thanks again,Bob

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
If it has H2, then it has been upgraded from H1 or the hood is incorrect. If you check the engine numbers, then you can figure out if it is a 14 Kohler.

A snowplow will be very easy to find, especially if it already has H2.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
If it has H2, then it has been upgraded from H1 or the hood is incorrect. If you check the engine numbers, then you can figure out if it is a 14 Kohler.

A snowplow will be very easy to find, especially if it already has H2.
everything mark said, looks like the serial number is still on tractor, so if 314 or 316 or even 300 is on tag, should tell what tractor is for sure, however if someone added a double stick to a 314 that is the best upgrade since "sliced bread" :fing32:

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
everything mark said, looks like the serial number is still on tractor, so if 314 or 316 or even 300 is on tag, should tell what tractor is for sure, however if someone added a double stick to a 314 that is the best upgrade since "sliced bread" :fing32:
2nd best, H3 beats it. :ROF :ROF

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Nice buy sir! :thThumbsU

A little elbow grease and that will make a nice machine

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Looks like what you have is a 314 which has the h2 and side tins from a 300.

314 side tins are closed in the front. The openfront side tins are 300 or 316k

The h2 levers on the 300 and 316k are different. 300 uses a single shaft through a round hole in the pedestal. 316 has a different shaft for each lever. and a bigger upside down U shaped hole in the pedestal. Looks like you have the upside down U hole with a gap above the round lift mechanism shaft.

Does that make any sense ?
What engine is in it K321 or k341 ? Did they add the split brakes as well as the h2 ?

Congrats, nice buy ! I like your CC. It looks like their big tractors of the time.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is amazing what you guys can tell from just two crappy pics,I will take more today.It has the twin sticks for the hydro and also has the turning brakes too.The brakes don't work now but are there I will update the post in a few hours .Thanks for the help and yes those were two of my Cub ''Supers'' gone on to new homes now .
Bob

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Get me a better picture of the bottom of the hydro levers.

You might have a 314 pedestal and hood mounted on a 300 tractor

Check to see if the engine #s a k341 or k321

You might have a bunch of stuff cobbled together, but you got the good parts not the castoff stuff:fing32:

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Nice find at a nice price :fing32: Can you post the model number from the tag on the pedestal?

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
with a good picture of the steering linkage would tell this apart from a 300 or a 316, right?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I spent a little time with the tractor it has a kohler 321 so it is a 14hp.I also took a few more pictures hope it answers some questions.So it would seem I have a 314 with a few nice upgrades and the low hour replacement engine(grey),

Thanks all,Bob

Attachments

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Nice find! Going by what Leinie said, I'm pretty sure you have a 300 with a K321 and a 314 hood. That happens a lot, where they change the hood to match the HP. I saw a 214 for sale with the 16 HP motor and thus, a 216 hood. Also, check the serial number tag, you'll know then. Either way, you have a classic GT for a good price, and there are lots of attachments available.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Nice find! Going by what Leinie said, I'm pretty sure you have a 300 with a K321 and a 314 hood. /QUOTE]

It's got the 314 pedestal on it to. There might have been some wiring differences when swapping the 314's engine that made it worthwhile to swap the pedestal and switches with it :dunno: So it probably has the 314's tag

hydraulics, side tins and steering all point to 300. Burned 300 made a good call on the steering !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts