My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went on a 4 return road trip and picked up my very first Gravely riders !!! I know I have my work cut out for me to restore them but I have an old lad who lives 10minutes away who knows these things inside and out.Retired mechanic from hydro but is a member of several vintage Lawn & Garden tractor clubs. I will keep the 816 but more than likely sell off the 812 to help pay for the 816 rebuild. Or do I just keep them both ?? I will post restoration picks as it goes along.

Troy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ya I forgot to add the pics LOL. Well just called the old Lad and he said bring em up. So to be kind I will pressure was off old oil and grease deposits off before bringing them. As for "never having to many gravely's" well I just changed my country storage spots and YES there such a thing as having to much gravely stuff !!!! 4 truck and trailer loads so far and a few more to go . I would love to sell alot of the stuff I don't use.

Troy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,303 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the rider side! Riders will spoil you. The tractors both look solid. I like your trailer too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW I can't believe no one has commented about the old three arm truck mirror bolted to the hood of the 816 ! The old lad who owned them used the tractor to go down the side of the highway to get to the coffee shop. That was the first thing I did to them was throw that ugly old mirror in the trash. So they are all pressure washed and at the mechanics shop to get started on.I just don't have time to work on the motors right now. Not sure what they will need . I think I might have traded 2-566's for a nice 16G with very low hours and wheel weights all around. I have been trying to get it for along time as it has always been stored indoors.

Troy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found 3 GoodYear 26-12.00-12 Super Terra Tread tires. No idea where the 4th could be. From the place I got the tractors. The 816 has 23-8.50-12 rear tires but I think the Terra tires will fit. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Troy.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
I think you will need 12x10 rims for those tires. Those tires should fit a 24G as the 24g has 12x10 rims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts