My Tractor Forum banner

My first Case 444, need help finding parts please

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  74auto16 
#1 ·
I just picked up a Case 444. It's the first case I 've owned so I don't no much about them. Came with a snowblower,cab and snowplow.The deck on it now is from a Bolens and has no drive belt. It also hits the front tires some so I just want to find a Case deck.

The lever for high low and travel speed feel real sticky to me. They can be real hard to move some times. Any thoughts on that? Motor shakes alot, rocks the tractor pretty bad. At least 2 mounts look shot.

Can I find the motor mounts new or am I better off looking on ebay for used ones? I checked ebay for decks but they are all to far away and no shipping. I would also like to find decals and restore it after I get it runnig and working good.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just picked up a Case 444. It's the first case I 've owned so I don't no much about them. Came with a snowblower,cab and snowplow.The deck on it now is from a Bolens and has no drive belt. It also hits the front tires some so I just want to find a Case deck.

The lever for high low and travel speed feel real sticky to me. They can be real hard to move some times. Any thoughts on that?

They are all like that. You are sliding a straight cut gear from one straight cut gear to another one. There is no synchro to help you out. The usual procedure is to use body language to rock the tractor a bit back and forth to help the teeth mesh.

Motor shakes alot, rocks the tractor pretty bad. At least 2 mounts look shot.

Can I find the motor mounts new or am I better off looking on ebay for used ones?

Use mounts are a waste of money. Most of them are sacked out as bad as yours. Go to McMaster-Carr online and buy four new 45 lb isolators and install them into the existing mounting plates. Trust me. You won't like the price for a new pair of mounts from the dealer.
Replacing the mounts may be only part of the problem. It could be that you have excess wear in the counter-balancer inside the engine but go with the new mounts first and see how that works out for you.

I checked ebay for decks but they are all to far away and no shipping.

Contact Joe Hemmi of Joe's Outdoor Power in Michigan. He parts out Case tractors on a regular basis and I'm sure that he could supply you with a fairly decent deck. Joe ships so no problem there. You need to decide whether you want a 44" or 48" cutting width. Keep in mind that the overall deck width is much wider than those numbers if your property has clearance issues. Ask Joe if he has a decent OEM seat around for your tractor. It appears that you might need one.

I would also like to find decals and restore it after I get it runnig and working good.
Decals are not a problem. High quality sets can be had from Tony Giletto
Maple-Hunter Lawn & Garden Tractor Decals
P.O. Box 9891
College Station, TX 77842
Phone & Fax: 979-693-3619
www.pullmapa.com/maplehunter_lawn_.htm

Correct paint can be bought from your local Case/IH dealer. You need Power Red and Desert Sunset. I suggest that you buy the Case paint hardener as well.

#4 ·
Since this is your first Case, (many more will follow<G>), I suggest you contact Brian Hildret, on this forum. He is a Case/Ingersoll dealer and will help you with any OEM parts that you might need. I would also check in to the yahoo Case GT forum where files and data are available for your use, along with the combined knowledge of 4000 C/I owners, ready to answer any questions you may have.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/casegardentractors/

Aalso, you can down load a copy of the parts manual, using the serial number of your tractor at:http://www.ingersolltractors.com/catalog.htm

Welcome to the Case/Ingersoll experience! Just remember, they do have a habit of multiplying! LOL

#6 · (Edited)
Bart, I sent you a PM.

Caseguytoo, I ordered the parts from McMaster. I hope I bought the right parts #6008K33 and 8 of the washers for them. They will be in tomorrow.

I joined the yahoo Case forum.

The first rider I used was a Case. I was about about 10 years old. I mowed lawn for my dads boss at the time. I started it up one day and it took off in reverse then smashed into a car. :Stop: That was the last time I drove a Case up to yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.