My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to pick up my 2012 Hyundai Elantra touring today.It's black and very spacious to fit my 3 kids in.My 02 mazda protoge is on it's last legs and the van is hard on fuel. Tried out every brand and went with this.Looked at Honda but the reviews are really bad which is strange for Honda.Any way it's our first brand new vehicle and we are kinda excited,except for paying for it lol.also comes with trailer hitch to haul my mowers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Should got a KIA Optima. We just bought a 2012 KIA Sorento. Absolutely love it. Kia and Hyundai carry the same warranty (the reason we bought a KIA). We opted into the 120,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (I love warranties). The KIA Optima comes with heated and cooled rear seats. The panarama sunroof. You can even buy a OPTIMA turbo charged.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A friend of mine just picked up a Kia Optima this week, leather etc... nice car, and once he bought it he discovered it didn't come with a spare tire. (It doesn't have run-flat tires or PAX tires or anything) Instead it came with a can of fix-a-flat foam and a tire patch kit. I guess they can save $50 bucks on the cost of the tire and jack, and save a tiny bit of weight to increase the fuel economy numbers. Still ridiculous in my mind. At the phone company we're legally required to have so many confirmations and acknowledgments by the customer that they know absolutely what they are obligating themselves to and what they are getting, yet its legal to sell somebody a brand new car and not tell them it doesn't come with a spare tire!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the Kia and wasn't all that impressed with them.Fisrt I have a special needs child so I need rear child locks,kia only offers it in the sporty model.I also love the warranty and Kia was 3% more on financing for some reason.I guess the hyundia suited my needs more is why we bought it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's crazy. Ours came with a same size rear tire. Hm.. I will have to call our salesman and ask him about that. He says that the SX package comes with a spare tire the rest of them don't. He said some of the Elantra's last year didn't come with spare tires.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
Years back, I bought a new '74 International 200 4X4 pickup ($4500). It came with a spare wheel, but no tire or tube. Figure that one out.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine came with the spare tire,mud flaps,trailer hitch and rear truck cover thing wife wanted.They also deferred the payments for 3 months to get past christmas which is awesome. Another plus was a gas card.it's takes 30 cents of every liter up to 750 liters,any thing helps now with the price of fuel.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Kia and Hyundai vehicles have a lot of similarities, Hyundai has owned 50% of Kia since they went bankrupt in 1997.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Years back, I bought a new '74 International 200 4X4 pickup ($4500). It came with a spare wheel, but no tire or tube. Figure that one out.
They did that just to see how many fools would go for that. And they are still laughing about it. :sidelaugh

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Lot of new vehicles come with no spare.. KIA and Hyundia are very simmilar, altho I would go for a Hyundia over KIA any day.. IIRC the KIA warranty is non transferrable but the Hyundai Warranty is transferred at 5 year/30k. KIA resale is in the toilet, but Hyundai is better.. My dad has a '08 Elantra and it gets 40 MPG, has a hitch to tow the small boat too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I am going to pick up my 2012 Hyundai Elantra touring today.It's black and very spacious to fit my 3 kids in.My 02 mazda protoge is on it's last legs and the van is hard on fuel. Tried out every brand and went with this.Looked at Honda but the reviews are really bad which is strange for Honda.Any way it's our first brand new vehicle and we are kinda excited,except for paying for it lol.also comes with trailer hitch to haul my mowers.
I have been looking at the Elantra Touring. It's a very nice wagon with more bang for the buck than found any where else. I'm also researching the 2012 Accent hatchback. I think that would be enough car for me and it's high rated in it's class size. Injoy that new Hyundai. There ain't nothing more fun than a new car except maybe a new tractor.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going to but the accent hatchback until I tried my 3 kids in it.59 miles to the gallon and a sporty little car,the 6 speed manual or auto is different compared to the 5 speed.I love the elantra,the heated seats are awesome,tons of room and its getting 45 mpg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts