My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I finally got to dig my dad's ride-a-matic out of the barn after being in there for 25 years. He had pulled the rear end apart because the outer axle bushings were worn. I was thinking it was a 61 model as it is gold in color right now, but after looking it over some, I think it may have been green and yellow making it a 60 model. It has fenders and the rear hitch. It was always used as a garden tractor. I have parts to make a deck and an extra chassis (62 model I think). It has the versa-matic drive... I'm guessing that's hi and low range. The Kohler is free and everything looks to be in decent shape with the exception of the tires. I'm going to need new back rims as they were fluid filled and have rusted. Pictures are coming. I plan to get it up and running and in useable shape and use it to garden with. I have a disc and a couple plowes, but don't have a proper sleeve hitch plow. If anyone would like to swap a david bradley plow for an 8 inch Brinly, let me know..... I also have a set of cultivators for it. It should be a fun project and bring back some memories. It's next in line after I get the tiller installed on my 125 cub cadet....

Stuart

·
Registered
498 Posts
Can't wait for some pics. I love my little ride-a-matic. I don't use it for anything specific just like the nostalgic look

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just traded my Ride-a-matic for another tractor. I have a feeling im going to regret doing that when I see your pictures.

Either way, glad to see your going to put the effort into the tractor

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while but Ifinally got to take a couple pictures of my dad's bolens. Here it is:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It looks pretty complete, though in need of some new rubber. I look forward to seeing your progress with it. I really want to find one of those to restore.

Jason

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
a little tire slime should take care of those front tires.:sidelaugh :) thats an amazing bolens

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
i like the cub too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Howdy,

The cub is my 125. I have 6 cubs altogether and a case 446. I need to get a manual for the bolens. Where is the serial number located so I can figure out the year? I don't think slime would help the front tires. The backs have ags but one of the rims is rusted pretty bad. I always remember dad rope starting it, so I guess I need to figure out what all needs to be done with the electrical system.

Later...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts