My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, today my dad and I brought home another Ford Tractor. This one an early '44 2N. (Has the I beam radius rods.) It looks like this one has stayed together as everything looks to be 2N. (No 9N/8N parts showing unlike his Ford 289N tractor.) This one is S/N 9N130391 but it has the 32 inch rear rims on it. Since they were gone by '42 I assume they were added later. It actually seems to be in better condition than the 9N we did before so that is good news. The previous owner claims he put $1800 into the engine before he quit using it (years ago) and the new engine has only around 200 hours on it. (We'll see.) Anyway, have a look. We even got a grille with it (not in the picture.)

http://falconclub.0catch.com/44_2N.html

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
You do know they just keep on multiplying? Nice find should make a fine tractor when you get it in shape. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Looks good. The 32" rims are getting harder to find in good shape. Most of them got loaded, leaked and just rotted away from the inside out. Yours appears to look to be in pretty good shape, tires too. I must have at least a half a dozen hat rims laying around that were loaded and rotted through. If you have to have the weight I would suggest wheel weights (Which I don't think you will be able to find in the 32) or load them with something other then CalC.

Kirk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts