My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys who read my introduction thread saw my '67 ss12 that I put the Wisconsin motor on. Well here is some more pictures. I put the stack on it today and hooked up the throttle. I also sharpened my sickle bar knives but it started to rain so I couldn't try them.

Just set the grill on there for a minute, that will go back on next.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
how tall is your stack??? Looks like SS12's!!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Is this an answer to "size matters"??:biglaugh:Shouldn't have much tro.with not enough power!!And on the bright side--you won't be dealing with broken hood hinge repairs.Looks like a real work horse--I like it.:thThumbsU

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having some troubles with the Wisconsin now, last week it was flooding when it was off so I adjusted the float, and now its sucking the bowl dry if you put a load on it. Gonna have to play around with it some more after work tomorrow.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
the leak might be a main bowl screw gasket leaking

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put the grille back on, and made a chain to hold the sickle bar up.
Here's pics

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good. A real workhorse for sure. If you ever need a hand with anything welding/painting whatever let me know. :thThumbsU
It definitely isn't lacking power!
Same here, I've got all you could ever need in my garage. I've got a little flux core mig and a big stick welder, I would love to learn to tig though.

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used my sickle bar for the last time last weekend so I took it off and started getting my plow ready for snow.
I figured since the tractor has more power and weight on it now, I might as well be able to push some more snow.

I added 7" on to each side of my 42" blade I had.

This is the lift set up it has now that I made myself, I actually made all of it myself. its supposed to be like a Fisher snow plow. It works great but I have a small ram thats going in under that lift arm and the handle is coming off.

You can see how easy it was to lift. But hydraulic lift is way cooler :fing32:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've messed around with the idea of painting my plow fisher yellow. I know the Case/Ingersoll guys would give me a hard time about it though. :sidelaugh

1 - 20 of 82 Posts