My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mowed what there is of my back yard, new construction, that took all of 10 minutes although it is about 1/2 acre. Anyways, here are the highlights:

1. Wasn't crazy about the smoke bellowing from it on cold start. Is that normal?

2. Very nice turning radius. I see where it saves time.

3. RIO engages without really realizing it. Button says pull up while reversing and I didn't really realize I had pulled anything up when it started.

4. Nice ride. Easy to see around front end with the new hood design. Unlike my old MTD and Craftsman, I feel really elevated. Close to height of my JD400 I just sold. (No room in garage with 60" deck). The tractor seems to absorb the energy of the rough terrain, not my body.

Sorry it sounds so generic. It is really hard to give it a better evaluation because my yard is new and lacks grass in some areas and most importantly, needs to be rolled. Of course I won't do it with my x320. One thing I am surprised at: I wanted to undercoat the deck with something before I started mowing but couldn't wait and didn't think one mowing would leave much underneath. WOW there is no yellow there now. Looks like I have been using it a couple of years. Without a good scraping and washing, I don't see how any teflon type spray would work now. I see that i will be scraping it once every 3 or so cuts to keep it in good shape. Overall, it was worth the $3600 bucks (plus tax) and the four year warranty. My dealer is 3 miles from house with only one stop sign between us so I feel I made a good decision. Sometimes I wish I would of maybe bought and older one for now, or kept the 400, because the yard is so rough. The first few years for the x320 will be it's hardest.

·
Super Moderator
16,769 Posts
Glad you like it. :thThumbsU

1 - 2 of 2 Posts