My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Joe
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here she is. This is my daily driver. Runs like new. I get compliments on the ol' girl. She is one sweet l'il machine. All original except for one of the deck wheels and regular maintenance items. Paint is pretty dang good for as old as she is.
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
That's a good looking tractor. It looks to be in good shape.

·
Joe
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just thought of something. Does anyone know which is the original deck wheel color for these? As you can see, there's one of each on her and I don't know what the original is supposed to be. She could use a new set........Which color?
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

·
Wheel Horse Junkie!
158 Posts
Beautiful looking tractor!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be mistaken but I am pretty sure the linen beige is the correct color for the deck wheels.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
That's the nicest original condition Commando 8 I've seen. I have two , and neither one look anything like the condition of yours. Unfortunately, the deck wheels were painted on one, and replaced on the other by previous owners, but I'm pretty sure Scott is correct on the color. Nice machine you have there.:fing32:

·
Joe
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments gents. Anybody know where to find those wheels? Fleabay just has red ones. Probably made offshore too.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
nice- never was a wheel horse man but that ones got me thinking-- haha

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
thats one clean machine!!

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Micah, I bought a set of deck wheels from ebay and was very satisfied with them, though I don't know where they were made. I suppose you could repaint them.

·
Joe
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great idea! I never thought to just get a set and paint 'em. Duh, my mind is sure slipping.
Joe

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a Commando 6 with an 8 horse Kohler on it. Nice little rig. I like the smaller Wheel Horse tractors.
I recently sold my B80 4 speed. I bought it from the original owner. All there and well maintained. Was going to restore it but too many projects already. Was sorry to let it go.
I also have a C-120 with a 16 horse Kohler on that. Has the loader attachment. With plenty of counterweight it works pretty good.

·
Joe
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I'm not mistaken I am the 2nd owner of my Commando. I remember taking a friend to one of our local J.D. dealerships to find a used 300 series tractor. We pulled in and the Commando was pulled up right next to the building. It was love at first sight. I looked her over and paid him $50.00 less than asking price and I have not regretted it for one minute. I ACTUALLY sold her once. Went back the next day and told the guy if he EVER thinks of selling her let me know. 4 years later he shows up and I bought her back for his asking price. I WAS thinking of parting company with her again after buying that Sears 14-6. I just couldn't do it. Pulled the listing down I think the next day.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts