My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
No need to apologize. Your intentions were good. This tractor has an external muffler and those were used until 1976. In 1976, the muffler went under the hood and it required some heat shielding with insulation between the actual muffler and the outer shield. The process you were referring to was the replacement of the outer shield.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice looking tractor and have fun with it. slkpk

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have an old style shaft drive snowblower and a blade for that tractor if you are interested.....
Maybe interested, got any photos of them you can post here, You can PM me with prices. I don`t think I`ll need them this winter, it never hurts to get attachment that I want for it. I need to fix up what needs fixing first. Wanted to do most of the work this winter, give me something to do.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
If owning a blower and/or blade is something you have considered, then I suggest that you pursue Gregg's offer because finding decent versions of those two attachments is not easy since they've been out of production for a mere 39 years. A lot of those blades and snowcasters have bit the dust during that period.

·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I was looking at my parts manual and this is the one dated 1980. wanted to see what I needed to attach the hood with, right now its just a threaded rod. While looking at the the picture, I noticed the parts # 11, 12, & 13 and the part attached to the tractor frame is this the fast attach I`ve heard about? looks like part #`s 5 & 6 are also used. it appears that the attachment it slid over the back pins while # 11 is pulled out and I guess that snaps back in when the attachment is lifted into place, just guessing?

I`m only using this parts manual as a guide to figure out how it suppose to go together I just want to put back together as close to what it should look like. I know that somethings don`t apply to my 69 model. I just want to fix the stuff that not right, even if I have to make the parts that are wrong, buying a length of round bar and drilling a hole in for a pin is easy. I know the bosses welded into the frame isn't the way mine is for the motor mount. At least using the parts manual will be more detailed then just guessing.

·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Castoff

Did you mean rust? He`s sending me photos of them I`ll post them here. He doesn't know how to post pictures on the forum yet. I don`t know what I`m looking at or what I should be looking for.

·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Sorry I misread what you wrote in post #25, forget about the rust.....

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Gotcha now.

Gregg may not know how to post photos but he does know his Case stuff. The correct plow has a long yoke made from pipe that goes under the front axle and hooks onto two brackets on the frame that are just in front of the rear wheels.

The correct 'caster is a unit with a gearbox on it.

·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes he does, get my PM?

·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I got a package in the mail yesterday from the guy I bought my Case from. I was not paying attention when he gave me the parts for the sleeve hitch to me. I set them down and forgot to pick them back up. There three pieces two flat pieces one is short that bolt to the frame with 5 holes drilled in it the other the longer one attaches to that part and then to the sleeve hitch, it has a elongated hole in it. There were no bolts nuts or washers or pins with these parts. I can get those a the hardware store here.

Now the other part is the biggest a round pipe that has a flat piece of bar stock 1/4" by 1" with a hole drilled in the end that is welded to it and down and away from the longest part of the pipe it has a 90 degree bend in the other end. I`m not sure what that is for, doesn't show up on the drawing for the sleeve hitch, or any where else in the manual for this tractor. One end is flattened with a hole drilled or punched in it. It`s painter Case reddish orange, been that way for a long time, maybe part of the attachment that the sleeve hitch was used to pull, but I`m just guessing.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
The first two are easy. That's the bell crank adapter plate. You need some 1/2" bolts to hold it on to the bell crank that lifts up the mower deck. You have to remove the deck lift link.

The second item is the sleeve hitch lift bar and the elongated hole goes to the pin on the hitch to allow it to float up and down.

The last one is a mystery. A few photos are needed. Could this be something he made to take the place of the sleeve hitch lift bar so that the elongated part was eliminated? Some people like to put down pressure on certain attachments

·
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Is the snow caster for my Case 444 PK a F-84 or a H series, just want to download the correct manual?

OK the smaller parts are easy enough to follow in the manual. Now to use the sleeve hitch the linkage for the mower deck needs to be removed and the long bar needs to be attached to the smaller plate that attached to the frame of the tractor. You cant use both the mower deck lift and the sleeve hitch at the same time, Now when the linkage is removed from the mower deck does it stay down or is there something to hold it up in the travel position?

I think I found the mystery part, the long pipe part looks like it`s used on the H80 & H84 snowblower it`s listed as part # 34 and the flat bar is use to hold the hand crank for the spout. Thing is that snow blower not for my early Case that uses the Blower with the gear box. The other blowers are near the end of this same manual in the link below, they must be the quick attach? The blow for my tractor is shown in the very beginning of this manual. Part #20 is the only part listed as lift, I guess the plate part# 21 attaches to something that is operated hydraulically to lift the blower up?

I have to get out there and take some pictures of my frame, I hope it hasn't been modified, I don`t think it has but now I`m not sure with that lifting arm showing up with the other parts, that make me wonder why he had it? Maybe he got a snow blower and bought the wrong one, then sold it when it wouldn't fit and that`s where that part came from.

http://eastmanind.com.mytempweb.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=pKzpqtokWN0=&tabid=196

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
The PK model does not have the Snap Fast system for attaching implements and the H-blower is a Snap Fast model. The correct blower for your tractor is the G series with the gear box and drive shaft. You need items 20 and 21, as shown on the page of that parts book that depicts the adapter plate for the bell crank and the push rod that raises and lowers the blower. You may have to fabricate your own parts as it's unlikely you will find them either as new or used items. The bell crank is the plate on the right side of the tractor just in front of the foot rest that partially rotates when ever you use the implement lift feature.

As for the sleeve hitch, that is normally held up in the air by installing a long 3/8" bolt through the hole in the triangular tow plate on the trans-axle and then through the matching hole in the sleeve hitch. The lift bar gets removed from the tractor completely to keep it from rattling around and wrecking paint and the mower deck lift links are then able to be installed.

Since the sleeve hitch is used for ground-engaging equipment such as turning plows, planters, harrows, discs and tillers, having the mower deck on the tractor while in the garden is an impediment. In other words, there's no real need to have the sleeve hitch and the deck in operation at the same time.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts