My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I pulled the transaxle and swapped the axle tube with the cracked ear. In the process I figured out I had a lot of water in with the oil. I had checked the fluid many times, but it looked nice and clean,never milky. So we drained it real good and inspected the internals. Everything looked ok so we put it back together. My fenders and center cover are at the sand blaster and should be ready soon. I found a lot of things that can be tightened up in the lift system and I will be doing that as I get things back together.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Its at the Flywheelers tractor show in South Haven. we are headed back this year too.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I like the look of your aggressive tires. The custom draw bar is nice.

Looks like the older style engine/generator is powering it with a modified older grill. You say the 1980 engine needs a crank, wish I could help with that.

The seat looks sweet.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Finally out of the shop! The tractor show is next week! Thanks VTX, the grill is off the parts tractor, I wish they had not cut the bump off it. I have no idea why they did.
This looks fantastic! Makes me want to take the time to restore mine one day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This is my favorite small tractor, it does alot of work for its size. I had a blast at the tractor show, and it did pretty dang good on the pulling sled. A full pull was something like 120" of weight box travel. My best was 98". Those rear tires bite real nice.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Watched both videos. Very cool.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Enjoyed your videos sounds beefy & I like the idle of the thumping. What type & size tire are using on the fronts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
They are 16.50x7.50-8. thanks for all the kind words, it is my favorite small tractor. Riding it around at the tractor show was a blast.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts