My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to the forum. I have owned this 646 since about 1982. I use it for light stall cleaning in a small horse barn. I decided to do a little "freshening" of it last month. I did the rear axle bearings and seals and the differential bolt upgrade. Brian Hildreth helped on some of the parts and the decals came from Maple Hunter. I got some advice from Boomer. The paint is factory Case/IH. I didn't try for an award winning show paint job because this little guy has to work for a living. It is very handy and goes places where some other little loader tractors can't get. It has the original engine and tires. The engine is strong and the tires are tired. It's a good little worker. I enjoy the forum and the help available up here.

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
Very Impressive work. 28 years and still puttin along. Says alot about the owner.

·
Old as Sin
2,187 Posts
WOW

:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
-
1,833 Posts
Beautiful, I'd be proud to have that in my garage.

Wish I had a FEL.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,222 Posts
What a beauty. Just curious, do you think i could have it?

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,222 Posts
^ Mr Tiretrx, not that the rest of your fleet isn`t impressive, but, may we see a pic of your Bungartz ? Please?
Sure can. But as not to divert this thread I'll post them under "Other brands of GT's".

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should be proud of your work. :thThumbsU Nice working tractor that is well cared for. :trink39: Like the paint job. AC/Case Guy

:smilie_fl:Orange_tr :trink40:

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Looks nice ... I like the paint combination ... never considered it before, but looks good.

Brian
Brian..... you need to get out more. :biglaugh:

That paint scheme is OEM and was in use from the 1972 release of the 600's until 1977 when the paint changed on the GT's as well. :fing32:

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
I am guessing that this tractor has been repainted at some point. I could be wrong. I do spy some overspray on the rubber. Looks great though!

It certainly is vivid.

Pops right off my screen. :swow:

Let me be the first to compliment your optics as well. Nice Camera :fing32:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Brian..... you need to get out more. :biglaugh:

That paint scheme is OEM and was in use from the 1972 release of the 600's until 1977 when the paint changed on the GT's as well. :fing32:
Was this an optional paint scheme? Mine is a 1975 646 with original paint and it is all power yellow. (Frame and tin, etc.) I also have the original brochure for the 600 series from 1975 and those tractors were all painted power yelow as well.

Either way, great looking rig! I hope I can get mine looking that good.:fing32:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts