My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the stuff people just give away!

My favorite is the ole' MTD Its been thru h#!!, Its been altered a fair bit, briggs twin 16 hp, custom made header & stack, p235 15 all seasons:fing32: with chains, custom wheel weights 162 lb each back wheel, can't forget my custom "[email protected]$$" seat. I have a homemade 3-point hyd. hitch, scraper blade, plow, cultivators.
The runnin cubs i have is a, 86, 149, 1000, 1325(sold yesterday) just got not runnin , but will 127, 1450.
The lonely JD lt 150, This one about broke the bank, I paid $50.00!!! for it, not runnin, took the head off and found the "butterfly" out of the carb under the Intake valve, bought a carb($12.00) from a buddy, slapt it back together and been mowin eversince.:bannana:
The craftsman on the picinic table was a prank we played on my buddy, I told him he shouldn't get drunk and leave his tractor with me around:biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
nice! I love cheap and free gt's!

·
Janitor at Large
5,622 Posts
I have to agree....free is best, cheap is almost as good......

My winnings.......Co-op Turf Trac (MTD)...free
Cadet 80....free
Mighty Mac wood chipper....free
Ford YT...parts..........free
Ford LGT 100.......$50
Ford LGT 145.......$75

plus some other cheap tractors.....but barely worth it.....lol

·
15,000 +posts!
20,436 Posts
I need to move,I have to PAY for my "junk" up here!..though I have got some good stuff reasonably priced (I think?)..
nice collection,and I like the MTD's mods,reminds me of what mine has been through!..looks like you have fun with them all..

·
Registered
292 Posts
i gotta move too everyone i see around here has blown up engines bad gearboxes ect. and they want $200 or more with the decks missing or severely messed up as in rusted out bad ate up bearings and no blades cant even get a push mower that wont run for less than 40 bucks lol

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
Nice collection! I think I'd like to go tractor hunting with you sometime!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Great stuff! I find it amazing what people give away as well. Of course the only time that I complain is when I am too late to get it myself. :banghead3

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Nice find, everyone down here in SC wants to much for stuff that is on the edge of being steight up junk.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish you fellas could have bin here last year, when scrap prices were high. If I could've, I would've "camped" at the scrap yard, lots and lots of great old machines went to the crusher:crybaby: :banghead3
I just found 2 wheelhorses (don't know model no.) 16 Horse one parts ,other is like new.
Still bickerin on price, it's down to $250.00 !!! That's big money 'round here. I get him down to $200.00, there mine:trink40:

·
15,000 +posts!
20,436 Posts
I watched a lot of old heavy garden tractors go by my friends shop to the scrapyard just down the road too,when scrap was 230 bucks per ton..Gravelys,Simplicity's,Suburbans,Massy Fergusens,you name it..the heaveir it was the better,the scrappers didn't care who's name was
n it ..and wouldn't SELL it, even for more than scrap value,if you cauht up to them before they passed through the gates!..maybe because a lot of stuff got stolen during the scrap price rise..

The biggest bummer was the scrap yard decided to close its gates to parts hunters and salvage scroungers like myself ,due to "insurance regulations"...some immigrants went in there and got hurt,and sued,so now NOBODY gets in (supposedly--I see a select few still taking stuff out and putting it aside)..I just about weep when I see a nice saveable tractor getting crushed for no good reason--even if it were only good for a few parts,why waste them?..

·
Registered
748 Posts
i gotta move too everyone i see around here has blown up engines bad gearboxes ect. and they want $200 or more with the decks missing or severely messed up as in rusted out bad ate up bearings and no blades cant even get a push mower that wont run for less than 40 bucks lol
I'm with you there. I have the same problem here, they either want 200 to 300
for something without a motor or well I plan on fixing someday. Some of these I seen setting for a couple of years with weeds all grown up around them and the tires sinking into the ground.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Addin another freebee today. An older gentlemen gave me a craftsmen 16hp varidrive GT, There's no mower deck, but does have; snowplow, turnover-plow, potato plow, and cultivators. Tractor is a little rough to look at, but runs really well. Needs the second drive-belt.

I'll take pics, as soon as I can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts