My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, before you say I am in the wrong forum, This snapper IS a rebadge Massey Ferguson, I believe the front of the snapper was a snapper front, but the hood (which is separate from the front) is a MF, along with the rest of the body. This snapper is an 86, I have a parts 88. main difference is that one has a different deck discharge chute design, standard amp meter, and plastic headlamps. LT12 badge on the front was moved to the side of the hood on the newer design, also a better seat. the 88 seat has substantually better back support. The 88 I have is real rough, seat is bare metal, all the bodyparts are rotted. thing is junk. and the starter went. which is bad considering the engine both snappers have is a horizontal shaft oppoed twin, which the starter was placed under the engine.

Both mowers here are FITTY BUCK and worth each penny. The wizard on the left has a very rare 18HP opposed twin vertical shaft option, which about all of em' had single cylinder OHV's, One on the right is also a opposed twin but with a horizontal shaft, and is only 12.5HP. even though this has less HP it can tow more than the wizard.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
There are some Snappers that are rebaged Massey Fergusons but I don't believe the LT12 is one of them.
Cannon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts