My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing I have asked a ton of question and have received a ton of great advice...thought I would finally give back to MTF and show you a pic before I start my restore!

It won't be a complete frame off restore just a simple take off the big parts get them blasted and painted. The dump cart was already paint, but the guy I bought it from did a horrible job prepping it, there are grinder makes all over it. Going to get that blasted and repainted. I'm also going to put wood sides on it. How much is that trailer worth, its the only one i have ever seen for sale...? Enjoy!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think is a good price a used cart??? There is some rust starting on the hood and on the fenders. Instead of just patching them up and having a **** of a time getting paint to match I will just sandblast and repaint.......

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think a Case wagon in good shape goes for twice that much easily ...

:trink39:
Really? Why would it be such a premium? It's a steel wagon on 2 wheels. You could buy a brand new one for that much.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Let's be sure that we're all on the same page here because that's the problem that the OP is facing.

Go price a brand new Ingersoll dump cart and you better be sitting down when you get the price. Now, if GB tries to sell HIS dump cart to Joe Nobody who is just looking for "a dump cart", then he's now competing with what can be bought brand new at Harbor Freight, Tractor Supply, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot and who else knows where?

He won't get big bux from Joe Nobody because Joe doesn't care that it says Case on it or that the paint is Power Red. GB will only get more money from someone who WANTS ONLY a Case or Ingersoll dump cart and is willing to part with the extra coin. That guy wants OEM for whatever reasons. Maybe he's going to show it or put his kids in it at a parade. Buying some other brand of cart and then painting it Power Red just won't cut it for this guy. It's either a Case or forget it. And who can blame him?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I just looked at GT trailers at TSC this week and they were $150 to $250 depending on cu. ft. size. Not near as well built as the Case/Ingersoll trailer. The C/I trailer has heavier gauge steel, a quality paint job, and the pockets built-in for sides. I have seen many C/I trailers go for that kind of money used and it was pick-up only, no shipping which is a no-brainer ...

:sorry1:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright good, i just the picked the trailer up for a 100.00 bucks just want to make sure i didn't pay to much. I completely understand I could have went and bought a new trailer but i wanted the a real C/I trailer and yes I could have bought a new one and painted. I like bring old quality toys back to life:)

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
Grebes, just knowing the quality of items found today found at big box chains, or really it is the lack of quality. $100 for an OEM cart in that shape is a great deal. Treat it right and it will serve you well for years and years. I have a Sears cart from the sixties still in service. It is really rough but I maybe able to patch it yet. I would be lucky to get 5-10 years out of a new Craftsman cart. Nice combo you have there.

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Nice combo you have. Looking forward to the after pics. I have a CASE cart like that, it's been over loaded to many times and the inside has some welds breaking and floor is pushed in. One of these days I'll fix it, but it still gets used alot.
I attached a pic of when I was putting in my lawn. Look at the tires squat, that's with 30 psi in them. I have had it weighted down even heavier.
So don't worry about overloading it within reason. Like the tractors they can take a beating and keep getting up for more. :fing32:

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Case quality can not be bought at a box store. Generally you won't find stake pockets in a box store cart. The sides won't take the extra weight of the extra load. The steel on the case is much stronger and why have anything other than a case? Nice cart by the way. Enjoy the rebuild.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Let's be sure that we're all on the same page here because that's the problem that the OP is facing.

Go price a brand new Ingersoll dump cart and you better be sitting down when you get the price. Now, if GB tries to sell HIS dump cart to Joe Nobody who is just looking for "a dump cart", then he's now competing with what can be bought brand new at Harbor Freight, Tractor Supply, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot and who else knows where?

He won't get big bux from Joe Nobody because Joe doesn't care that it says Case on it or that the paint is Power Red. GB will only get more money from someone who WANTS ONLY a Case or Ingersoll dump cart and is willing to part with the extra coin. That guy wants OEM for whatever reasons. Maybe he's going to show it or put his kids in it at a parade. Buying some other brand of cart and then painting it Power Red just won't cut it for this guy. It's either a Case or forget it. And who can blame him?
I can blame him. It's a tool, not a Stradivarius.

Then again, that's just my opinion. This being America, more power to the man who lays down the cash for a new one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been looking for a case cart for five years and still haven't found one. It would almost complete my collection. I did say almost. Is it for sale?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
How much do you want for it as is and where in WI is it located? slkpk

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
He's bi-polar. :trink40:

When you see his avatar, he displays one of those machines from the dark side :thSick: but his fave unit is his Ingersoll that he keeps hidden from view. He mows with it, blows with it and keeps his aging body out of the weather with it. :fing32:

We'd like him to finally come out of the closet and just admit that his Ingy is better than that other unit but I think that he lives in fear like so many closet dwellers.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts