My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my 332 restoration! Here are a few quick photos before and during the disassembly process. The frame is bare, and I hope to start painting this weekend. The engine is still assembled, but it will be bored 20-over with new pistons, rings, and bearings at the very least. I plan on doing the valves and pump myself.

Here's how it looked when I got it last week:

Engine out of the frame and de-greased:

Organized parts....

Bare frame, ready for bead-blast and paint!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow, you are going all out. Search some of my past post and you will see the 332 I just completed. Keep the pics coming!

·
Super Moderator
35,821 Posts
Here's a question for you. How did you get the brake rod that goes through the frame out? I tried for a couple of days and couldn't get mine to budge. Decided to just leave it in there!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a question for you. How did you get the brake rod that goes through the frame out? I tried for a couple of days and couldn't get mine to budge. Decided to just leave it in there!
Well, there's a roll-pin through the sleeve that the inner linkage attaches to.

-Sorry I really can't think of an easier way to explain it. Mine was caked in grease and dirt and I wouldn't have found it if I didn't de-grease everything before I got started.

·
Addictionado
97 Posts
That is a pretty clean look'in 332. How many hrs?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a pretty clean look'in 332. How many hrs?
.......It's clean after 2 gallons of de-greaser and a few hours with a hot pressure washer :) The tractor has 3200 hours on it, the engine had some considerable blow-by and I thought this tractor was a perfect candidate for a full blown resto. I bought it 2 weeks ago and I hope to be done in Nov. for the Fall:praying:

·
Happy To Be Here
3,760 Posts
Awesome work, you are doing.

That is the way to get them looking good again.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Please keep us posted as you progress. That ought to look fantastic when your done with it. slkpk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sandblasted and primed the frame and other black parts this weekend. I'm going with a high gloss black 2-part poly. I would like to have the rolling chassis back together again by next weekend, but that all depends on removing the rear brake drums.... I can't believe how stubborn they are!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looking great so far, but you shouldn't have it on the wife's rug!;)

BTW, which brand of de-greaser did you use?

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
It's OK, the primer matches the pineapple:biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the frame and other black parts painted tonight. I used Valspar Poly-Acrylic gloss black. Used my HVLP and sprayed at 40psi.

The pictures stink, but everything came out nicely. No runs, and no sags! :fing32:

I hope to start assembling the chassis this weekend.

This pictures was taken right after the final wet coat, once it dried most of the orange peal flattened out.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts