My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: So here is my 2 1920's 30's gravelys

ok here is my 1971 ridge runner trail boss...found it stored in a barn up in northern mn. all complete and all original...no restore at all...about 85 hours on it...I bought in 1983 and have all the manuals and sales receipts...the cost was 7400.00 in 1971 paidby the original owner...
they only made these about a 1 1/2 years...it was used by DNR and nsp (northern states power co.) to check high wires in the winter time...this machine can travel on sand, mud. snow, bogs in the winter time...it's top speed with the gears I have in it now is about 18 mph. but the torque and power is unbelievable. it has a 440 jlo engine. it does come
with a winch and blade but that was not ordered at the time of purchase..i have had it on 1/2" of ice and not fallen through due to it's large footprint and weight distribution but I do not recommend this to anyone...I did near the shore... enjoy the pics...also have the model "D" nearby as you can see...my garage is packed and no room to move anything...will get better pics when I get more space and move it around.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Very cool ! thanks for sharing,

Trivia - the jlo engine (snowmobile based) is pronounced E-Low, I believe this started out as a German based engine - later put in Scorpion snowmobiles and called a Cuyuna (from the City of Cuyuna, MN) and then used in ultralight aircraft.

Jim

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
The front end on this great machine reminds me of an old Mack truck.

Coincidence? I bet not. What better way to convey to your customers that you are a tough machine that will last? Built Like A Mack Truck is still used around here at times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: So here is my 2 1920's 30's gravelys

ok here is my 1971 ridge runner trail boss...found it stored in a barn up in northern mn. all complete and all original...no restore at all...about 85 hours on it...I bought in 1983 and have all the manuals and sales receipts...the cost was 7400.00 in 1971 paidby the original owner...
they only made these about a 1 1/2 years...it was used by DNR and nsp (northern states power co.) to check high wires in the winter time...this machine can travel on sand, mud. snow, bogs in the winter time...it's top speed with the gears I have in it now is about 18 mph. but the torque and power is unbelievable. it has a 440 jlo engine. it does come
with a winch and blade but that was not ordered at the time of purchase..i have had it on 1/2" of ice and not fallen through due to it's large footprint and weight distribution but I do not recommend this to anyone...I did near the shore... enjoy the pics...also have the model "D" nearby as you can see...my garage is packed and no room to move anything...will get better pics when I get more space and move it around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm not sure if I am doing this right I have a ridgerunner trailboss that I'm in desperate need with answers of a few questions or help with pars please thank you and you have a blessed daygranier PM (conversation) to contact me.

·
Super Moderator
28,805 Posts
Just a note there Cajun taxidermy, Minnesota Outdoor North hasn't been on the forum for a few years. Also we recommend using the "Conversation" feature of the forum for all private communications. This is so that your personal email/phone numbers are in the public where they can be harvested by software.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts