My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would show my latest tractor purchase. It is a 1985 224 with 720 hours. Came with a mower deck that is supper quiet. The motor won't turn over. I found out the starter solenoid was frozen and when you turned the motor it saw turning the starter. The solenoid was also shot. I freed up the starter and jumped the solenoid and with a carb adjustment it runs like a top. I am happy as can be.
Chip

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
man, I hate you. Where in IL did you find that? That thing looks super nice.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found it on Craig's list in Willow Springs a week ago. I was the first person to respond, he said he got a ton of responses. I am in South Barrington, where are you in IL.
Chip

·
Registered
409 Posts
geez, what a deal!

·
Tractorhead
270 Posts
ihvvet2 - Very nice indeed. What a great deal. Looks as though the deck could use a little attention but outside of that that machine is in fantastic condition!!! Congratulations.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Hate, hate, hate... double hate... lllooathe entirely, oh I'm sorry I have watched the Grinch a few times to many.

Nice steal... er score, that is sweet! :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Nice find that thing is super clean :fing32:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I found it on Craig's list in Willow Springs a week ago. I was the first person to respond, he said he got a ton of responses. I am in South Barrington, where are you in IL.
Chip
I saw that as well but was way too late. I'm in Sleepy Hollow, not far from you.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,158 Posts
Call the police. You stole it.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Man ihvvet2 with all them guys up there hating you, you better sell it to me so they will like you again. I don't care what they will think of me. Just let me know when you want me to pick it up. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well I'm not sure to be Impressed or just hate you???? Okay I'm Impressed and when you win Lotto or Mega Millions I want half... LOL
But I ned to say a really great Buy.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
How`s it feel to keep looking over your shoulder every time you hear a siren. Man you stole that tractor, that was great timing, yeah, I hate you too. Fine looking tractor, go buy a lottery ticket while your luck holds out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Speaking of Robbery the tractor needs a muffler- I see on the old Case parts internet site- a new muffler is $225 plus shipping! I hope I can weld up the end where it is leaking or find a good used one.
Chip

1 - 20 of 21 Posts