My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is rough. It could be used as a parts tractor but I like it to much to part it out. So I am going to rebuild it instead.

This 100 was used to mow with from 1964 to the mid 70's. In the mid 70's it was rolled over backwards and left to die in a field.

Here is the pictures.

The first owner cut this hole in the dash tower to start the tractor.:thSick:

·
Banned
271 Posts
Man thats rough! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It is rough but its all there but in pieces. All the hard work was done before I got it. I am rebuilding it with the guy (Jon318) that took it apart. With his help I should be able to get it back together.

I am going to put it back together first to see where I am at with this tractor. After that it is coming back apart and getting the paint striped and the rust holes patched. I will be repainting it and replacing all the seized parts.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
WOW. You definitely got some work ahead of you - but when it's done it makes the feeling that much sweeter. Thanks for devoting your time to restoring the classic :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
This will be an amazing save..You've got my attenion, when you get to the rust treatment stage would you mind getting in to some detail of what your doing with it?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This will be an amazing save..You've got my attenion, when you get to the rust treatment stage would you mind getting in to some detail of what your doing with it?
What I was thinking about doing was cutting out the bad sections and taking some steel sheet that's the same thickness and making some patch panels on the dash tower. I could just replace the tower but the rust holes are not to bad.
I will take lots of pictures as I go along. Right now I am just mocking up the tractor before I start stripping the paint and what not. I want to see where I am at before I get to deep.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW. You definitely got some work ahead of you - but when it's done it makes the feeling that much sweeter. Thanks for devoting your time to restoring the classic :)
I do have my work ahead of me right now. I have always wanted a IH Cub Cadet and this one was the right place right time and knowing the right people. I don't know how long it will take me to redo this one but it will take a while. I want to make sure I do it right.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, you got a big project ahead. Can't wait to see the after pics!
Thanks fonz. I will post picture when I am done for sure. I might even post a video of it running.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
How much time can you spare each week to work on it?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much time can you spare each week to work on it?
I have lots of time to work on it during the week. Its just I need the funds to pay for the parts. It sucks being unemployed. The good thing about being unemployed is you get lots of time to play with your tractors.:banghead3

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I hear ya. Have been self employed for two years and when it's good, its GOOD. But when there's nothin comin' in, it's rough. I have got to play around with my toys quite a bit more this year than I have since I was a kid. At least you can get all the prep work done, all the elbow grease. That just costs time, mainly, and patience :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Its really not as rough as it looks for sitting out in a field for 30 years. Engine turns over, trans is good.

We're gonna set up an electrolysis tank to strip the rust.

All that needs to be bought are tires, a steering shaft and column, a spring for the clutch and a clutch pad. Oh and the occasional bolt here and there. Along with a hood. Everything else we have.

Almost forgot...needs a steering wheel too if we cant straighten that one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like a good deal then. Surface rust isn't that bad really alot of people get intimidated by it, it seems. But, hey all the work you'll put into that tractor when you are done that 100 will be a part of your soul, man and you'll never want to sell it. If for some reason you ever do that's the kind thing that you 'll spend the rest of your life thinking about and regretting. It's like loosing you pet when your a kid. The rougher it is the sweeter the victory in the end. If you need any input on it feel free to ask me I just reconditioned my 100, and I love that thing. Mine wasn't quite as brown in the beginning though. Just needed a good cleaning and some paint but I took it all apart any way and cleaning everything up real good and put her back together. That's for pics and you deffinetly have to keep posted on updates this looks like a fun project to follow.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
^this guy does great work^

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 41 Posts