My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ruined my aircompressor and decided to turn it into a backblade. It really moves the dirt nice! So far my design feels solid and I'm happy with the way I built it. I made it so it could swivel up to abot 45 degrees.

·
Registered
299 Posts
nice weld job...what kinda welder did you use?

·
5,525 Posts
I like it, you did a great job.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Justin, Kudos!! That is beautiful!! That is one of the nicest looking Craftsman compressor tanks I have seen yet ! LOL , Now I know what to do with mine:thThumbsU:trink39:

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Very clever use of scrap metal and recycling. Very well done.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Very nice piece of work. Congrats on your skills.

·
Registered
704 Posts
American ingenuity at its finest! Nice 1250 btw. I just picked one up this saturday while attending a show. I gave it to my youngest son, the oldest has my 1476.

What year is yours?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Ratboy, you have very lucky kids! That backblade looks like it works great. I have an MTD blade that I am eventually going to do the same thing with.

Jason

·
Registered
515 Posts
That is shade tree engineering at it's best. Great job!!!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Just curious , Like Paul Harvey would say and now the rest of the story . What did you do to kill the compressor originally ?
Great way to recycle the tank into a very practical tool.

·
Registered
829 Posts
A very nice piece of work.:trink39:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just curious , Like Paul Harvey would say and now the rest of the story . What did you do to kill the compressor originally ?
Great way to recycle the tank into a very practical tool.
Let's just say I didn't strap it down on the trailer good enough.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I notice you only have "half" a tank in use, does that mean you'll be fabbing up a mid mount blade? that'd be pretty cool......Or.. I suppose you could just make another back blade and sell it as a "craftsman back blade" I mean, that wouldn't be a lie right? lol

Excellent job !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts