My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home a 5865 16hp from Nashville, TN on Monday. It is a one owner with steering brakes and a 50 inch deck. It was not running at time of purchase. I replaced the fuel line and jumped the battery. It started right up. I never thought I would find a 5865 around here. I have included some pictures. More later as I am having computer issues right now.

58651 003.jpg

View attachment 121745

View attachment 121746

58651 008.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Awesome looking machine! Everything looks very solid which makes it all the better! Give her a good cleaning and tuneup and she'll be good to go!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That does look like a nice solid machine. Good catch! :fing32:

·
Banned
647 Posts
That's one of those decks from the 4-wheel tractors, with the "A-frame" supporting it, so that it can run out in front of a 2-wheel tractor.

I only just learned about those things very recently.

The Gravely engineers were really ingenious [back in the day].

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Quite a machine there. What's the second machine, shown in the background? A 5665? I was also wondering how well the large, horizontal mufflers work? I've been thinking about doing something similar on mine, as I only have the small "sardine can" muffler on my 5265. It's a bit noisy, but a lot less horsepower than your 5865.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quite a machine there. What's the second machine, shown in the background? A 5665? I was also wondering how well the large, horizontal mufflers work? I've been thinking about doing something similar on mine, as I only have the small "sardine can" muffler on my 5265. It's a bit noisy, but a lot less horsepower than your 5865.
The machine in the background is a Pro 16 I picked up in the spring. It really cuts good.

·
Super Moderator
12,073 Posts
Funny, seeing the pictures I thought "that thing looks beastly"... Then I saw yamato's post. It IS a beast. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
I brought home a 5865 16hp from Nashville, TN on Monday. It is a one owner with steering brakes and a 50 inch deck. It was not running at time of purchase. I replaced the fuel line and jumped the battery. It started right up. I never thought I would find a 5865 around here. I have included some pictures. More later as I am having computer issues right now.

Nice find - that series is certainly difficult enought to find and yours is in pretty good shape. I'm hoping to wrap up a deal soon on another nearby 5865, that's a great looking machine. Congrats on the addition to your arsenal! :fing32:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts