My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i would like to thank all who expressed interest and took the time to help me.....thank you
well i kept the flywheel on and decided to go for the heads first and this is what i found.......removed head on right side (passenger side)yes i can add another seat if i want too ! LOL (somebody has to hold my beer ) this piston does not move at all and valves open and shut and i noticed some surface rust at top of cylinder wall then i removed head on left side( this is where i sit ! ) this piston moves and valves open and shut,i took a chance for buying it for $50 but i enjoy working on small engines and will not let this put me down as i will remove engine and take it apart to see what the problem is and fix it if not too much $$
i would appreciate any input and what would be the next direction to go to possibly save this engine.................i look forward to all that may respond

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hank11
what do you think it is that piston will not move on one cylinder.......piston rod broke or maybe something else.........im surprised i did not here any sloppy noise in the engine (like knocks) when i rebuilt the starter turned it over with the key ignition

1 - 3 of 3 Posts