My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this Murray racer for sale today. Not my thing but thought some of you other Murray guys might like to see it. The paint looks great, I'll give it that. Murrays seem to be a very popular platform for racing mowers. Here is the list of "mods".......

- Frame reinforced w/ 3/4" tubing
- Steering column is reinforces w/ swivel bearing for the steering shaft
- Fully adjustable front axle w/ 5/8" hymes
- Acme front spindles
- Acme rear transaxle setup (Hub w/ 4 on 4" spacing and mechanical kart brake)
- 16x7.5" turf pro tires on the rear
- Jackshaft setup (frame is about 6" off the ground all the way around). Its about as low as you can go on these wide body's
- Custom push/pull type clutch
- Transaxle has gears welded
- Hand throttle (Dirty Harry)
- It has a fresh 14.5HP stock engine
- Has heavy duty cast iron pulleys (not the cheap steel ones)
- Totally professional custom paint job to look like Elenor (gone in 60 seconds movie)
- Professionally decaled
- Side shield on the seat

Asking price is $500.00

Attachments

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Well, mow my yard in 30 seconds flat! It looks real nice, both in color and in low slung look. I like the steering axle set up. It definitely looks like a wide body! Maybe Murray should have gone into the racing scene. They might have been able to recover and still be in business.

EDIT: Interesting use of the Hime joint for the upper ball joint on the steering! I'd like to see more photo shots of that in more drive line set up.

·
Banned
465 Posts
Well, mow my yard in 30 seconds flat! It looks real nice, both in color and in low slung look. I like the steering axle set up. It definitely looks like a wide body! Maybe Murray should have gone into the racing scene. They might have been able to recover and still be in business.

EDIT: Interesting use of the Hime joint for the upper ball joint on the steering! I'd like to see more photo shots of that in more drive line set up.
That does look good slammed. Any more pics?
Those Heim rod ends are a good idea, but, I don't see them lasting too long with no lube points. And they are expensive!

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
That thing is SWEET!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts