My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys,

Need help identifying this machine, parts and owners manuals:

It appears to be a 2003 Murray walk-behind mower, black in color, 22-inches, side discharge (no bag), and push-only (not self-propelled).

The Murray model and serial number tag is faded/illegible.

It has a Briggs engine with these numbers:
12H802-3180-B1 03020356.

The engine stop cable has these numbers on the sheath: 1101181 030410

The cable is the part that I actually need, and I've seen them online, but really want to know the full numbers to get a proper manual.

I contacted the Technical Support link at the Murray (now Briggs) website, they were unable to help.

Is there a site with a list of models/manuals by year of manufacture? Everything I see wants the model number.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Take a pic of the faded tag at an angle. Open the pic in an image editor and flip it to a negative.. There will be your mystery numbers

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks, I'll try that. What sort of angle?

As for my question about a website list, I found this site, which seems to list tons of model numbers and years. I haven't cross-reference them to manuals yet, but there are parts diagrams linked, and if those are reliable, it would help narrow down the options.

Murray Lawn Mower Parts | Great Selection | Great Prices | eReplacementParts.com

Mine has solid, not spoked wheels, uniform sized front/rear, with height adjuster brackets.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Brilliant, thanks Matt!

Took some pics, zoomed in with just the phone, figured out the model number is 224110X8NA.

Got a manual from the Murray.com site. Apparently Briggs maintains this site, as that's how I contacted Tech Support and got the answer above. They sent me a link to a dealer list, so they're still helping with parts, which is good.

Link to diagram:

Murray 224110x8NA Parts List and Diagram - (2003) : eReplacementParts.com

The serial number is going to take some work. Looks like 15 digits, 3 are still illegible.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Resurrecting an old thread here. I eventually bought a new cable, but never got around to actually installing it. Finally put it on over the weekend, only to find that I'd apparently left the spark plug wire off (no idea why), and the connector was rusty. Cleaned that out with a wire brush, added a small amount of gas, and was rewarded with... a fuel leak.

A steady drip is coming out from the hose connection at the tank. Not sure if it's just a dry hose, will wait for it to finish leaking/evaporating before I try to mess with it.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts