My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this tractor for $25! Not sure on the year, it has a 14 hp Briggs and Stratton, which is not the original. It has a gas pedal made out of a old bike break handle. It has a 6 speed peerless with a welded creeper gear in it with rims wrapped in big atv tires! It doesn't have a hood, but I would like to get one after I figure out the year and model. I may just part it out for my other tractors that don't run or fix it up and go mudding! Here are some pictures!! :thanku: Let me know what you think!!

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Michigan Mower

Not bad for $25. I'm thinking mid to late 80's on the tractor.A factory hood probably won't be an easy find. I'm basing my guess on the silver adjusting wheel on the fender, which is a cut level fine adjustment.

BBY

·
Registered
128 Posts
I recently got this tractor for $25! Not sure on the year, it has a 14 hp Briggs and Stratton, which is not the original. It has a gas pedal made out of a old bike break handle. It has a 6 speed peerless with a welded creeper gear in it with rims wrapped in big atv tires! It doesn't have a hood, but I would like to get one after I figure out the year and model. I may just part it out for my other tractors that don't run or fix it up and go mudding! Here are some pictures!! :thanku: Let me know what you think!!

Michigan Mower

I thimk I have a hood for that mower, if fact I think I have an almost complete mower less motor. I will check tomorrow.
RonT

·
Registered
128 Posts
Michigan Mower

The one out back is a 11/36 looks identical to yours. Model 8-36508 which makes it a 1988 model. Yours being a 12/36 could be a year or two newer, possibley a 89 or 90. Model tag if still there should be on back below seat pan.
RonT

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Michigan Mower

The one out back is a 11/36 looks identical to yours. Model 8-36508 which makes it a 1988 model. Yours being a 12/36 could be a year or two newer, possibley a 89 or 90. Model tag if still there should be on back below seat pan.
RonT
Which would make the hood you need look something like this I think?.

Attachments

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
At least newer than a 1984, which I used to have. Mine had the 11hp/36" cut. So that is 1985 or slightly newer.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I like it! It would be a great mud mower and for $25 you stole it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Michigan Mower

RonT
Thanks for the help!! I will get the number off of it tomorrow! Then try to figure out the year of it!! Do you have and pictures of yours? :thanku:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least newer than a 1984, which I used to have. Mine had the 11hp/36" cut. So that is 1985 or slightly newer.
Thanks for the help!! I really appreciate it!! I will have to get the numbers off of it tomorrow!! :thanku:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Michigan Mower

I thimk I have a hood for that mower, if fact I think I have an almost complete mower less motor. I will check tomorrow.
RonT
Sounds good thanks!! :thanku:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Would tires that large hurt the trans or axles any?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not have a picture currently. I will try to get one soon. It looks like the one BBY posted just not as purdy.
RonT
Thanks! Don't worry about the pictures, I parted out the Murray!! lol Using the parts to get my other tractors up and running! :trink39:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is whats left of the Murray!! lol

Pile of parts!

14.5 Briggs and Stratton going on my B-115 Wheel Horse!

And the plan for the Craftsman!

·
Registered
213 Posts
That plan for the craftsman looks like a real good one!! And I love your quote about Not having a license plate and the orange triangle, that made my day!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That plan for the craftsman looks like a real good one!! And I love your quote about Not having a license plate and the orange triangle, that made my day!!
HAHAHA lol Thanks!!! :thanku:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I took the rest of the parts off the Murray and threw it out!! lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts