My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
J.I. Case Connoisseur
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 76 446 I keep blowing pto belts. I have shredded an ingy belt and 3 kevlar TSC belts. I am only tightening the belt the recommended amount; space between the coils of the spring equal to that of diameter of one coil itself. Upon further inspection I have found that the bottom of the mule drive is not fully seated on the studs until the deck is completely in the up position. When I lower the deck, the deck lowers crooked. The back of the deck comes down first then when the guage wheels hit the ground the front of the deck lowers the remaining amount and at that time the mule drive kicked forward approx half of the slot. Am I missing something?? Is the mule drive supposed to float like that?? Because when the mule drive kicks out like that it, it throws the bottom of the belt forward slightly and i think this is causing my belt issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
FWIW, I found that the leveling links pushed my deck forward off of the pins, this also made the deck leading edge interfere with the tires @ full lock. Removed the pins and bolted the plate solidly in the full vertical position. YMMV

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Worked for me, just make sure that you add large washers as required to avoid distorting the "ears" and keep the plate centered. Ever notice half of these plates are cracked at the radius and the other half have been repaired ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts