My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Great looking machine there, Mikey! I can even look past the lack of green paint, but just this time...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Congrats Mikey!!!!! Well done by pops and you!! :) :)

·
Super Moderator
15,182 Posts
Congrats Mikey. Well deserved. I know you put a lot of work into it.

·
5K and there's still more
6,246 Posts
Yeaaaaaa Mikey!!!!!!!!

Good Job!!!!

Congrats!!!
:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:trink40::bananapow:trink39: :congrats: :fest30::woohoo1::dancingpa:dancingpa :bannana: :D :00000033::tee:

All your hard work finally pays off!!

Donewrken

:fing32:

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Very Nice !!!!

Bill

·
Super Moderator
13,207 Posts
Congratulations Mikey. That is a fine look machine!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,091 Posts
Congratulations! I think you may have one of the longest running threads currently in the Sears forum and on FB as well! Glad to see it on here!

·
We're all friends here
13,842 Posts
Congratulations Mikey! Good job. It looks great. :thThumbsU

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,907 Posts
Congrats Mike! Well deserved for a nice machine.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,235 Posts
UUUUMMM.. Mickey... where is the green paint.. I had to kid ya about that... that is a fine lookin machine.. I also like the front weight.. where did u find it..

·
10,189 Posts
Thank you very much everyone! I was surprised even to be nominated, let alone winning. There are so many great machines here that I never thought the "Orange Jalopy" as it has been called on numerous occasions would win. No tractor has brought me so much joy and frustration at the same time, and I am happy to almost finished getting it to where I want. I could not have done it without not only the support but also the tips and help from members here. I only got the ATV tires because Larry LGT 165 spotted them on Kijiji. Eric had noticed I was missing the under seat toolbox and without hesitation donated one to my project

There is a great group here and I am proud to be apart of MTF :), even if my build threads are starting to rival Ellis in length :sidelaugh:. I am sure the restoration of my Dad's Sears Super Sad (SS)/16 will be no different :)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
10,189 Posts
UUUUMMM.. Mickey... where is the green paint.. I had to kid ya about that... that is a fine lookin machine.. I also like the front weight.. where did u find it..
I built the front weight myself Whirly. A neighbor was scrapping a cobbled up Case disk plow and I spotted the 4 quarter weights in the tail wheel so we brought it home. My Dad and I were having an "engineering meeting" in the garage and he jokingly said that the headlights of the 12 looked like a face, and I said let's use those weights to make a smile.

A modified mule drive later, some pipe spacers and some carriage bolts and it is how you see it. Each weight weighs 45lbs a piece. I still need to add a support under the weight as to not have it fully supported on the bolts. It will be getting painted to match the tractor with a black smile added across them. The tractor is still a work in progress so I had to put it back together for the pictures with it mounted

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Mikey I’m just glad you got the recognition you guys deserve!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts