My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats John. In reading your original post I found that you and I are in very similar situations. I read through the entire thread hoping to see what you decided on....never did mention it in that thread, but it looks like you went green.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Congrats John. In reading your original post I found that you and I are in very similar situations. I read through the entire thread hoping to see what you decided on....never did mention it in that thread, but it looks like you went green.
Yes, for now these JD GTs will do the trick. I still hope to get a SCUT or an X700 series some day, but probably not until we have a larger property. Saw your post on my original thread and it sure looks like you are putting your machines to good use!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Congrats John!!! :fing32::fing32::fing32:

·
Busy in Howey
4,705 Posts
Congrats UT! Well deserved!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats :thThumbsU enjoy the fame and fortune while it lasts:trink40: slkpk

·
Registered
54 Posts
well done sir. you represent the forum with the highest of standards. i understand your restriction in metro d.c. as i used to work in SE in the navy yard just across from the Nats Stadium.....our occasional storms can pack a wallop. i have a couple of acres in southern Maryland and used to commute into the city. We've since moved to Springfield under BRAC guidance. i thoroughly enjoy getting out and working with my little JD 1026R be it gathering and processing a little fire wood or clearing a piece of the lot.

congrats

cass

·
{This Space Available}
1,549 Posts
Nice looking equipment! Warmest congratulations on your award! I certainly hope you have the opportunity to scratch the paint on your plow this winter! Trust me, nobody will be joking about your hobby anymore.

Serendipitous!?!? Wow, don't see that word too much on MTF. Who built those? :sidelaugh

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
That was a great write-up. I applaud you for pursuing your tractor hobby in-town. Well deserved!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Thanks again, everybody. Your comments are really appreciated.

... I certainly hope you have the opportunity to scratch the paint on your plow this winter! Trust me, nobody will be joking about your hobby anymore....
Hehehehe! :D When that big snow finally comes, my plan is to remind all the naysayers where the shovels are. Until they beg me to do what I am dying to do anyway!:D

... i thoroughly enjoy getting out and working with my little JD 1026R be it gathering and processing a little fire wood or clearing a piece of the lot....
That sounds idyllic to me!:trink39:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats.
Remember, no matter where you live, people will make fun of your old iron.
Right up to the point where you have finished snowblowing or plowing (having one tractor for each helps) your driveway and they have made no headway. Then that old iron starts to look pretty good.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,732 Posts
Congratulations UT! Always a pleasure chatting with you on here. With patience, you will have the last laugh over your neighbors. You'd better clean out that shed in case you get booted out of the bedroom. :D

·
Super Moderator
32,693 Posts
John, congrats on featured member honors! Well deserved! Would be glad to meet up with you someday too! Maybe a PA plowday is in your future?

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Thanks yet again everybody. It was very nice to have this opportunity to be the featured member for December.

I especially want to thank the FMOM sponsors -- Messicks, Keeping It Green, Steiner, Heavy Hitch, Star Brite, MTF -- who provided all the prizes/goodies. All of it useful and good to have!

Here's a photo. Not pictured is the Heavy Hitch gift certificate, which has already been redeemed -- updates to come later.:fing32:

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts