My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an MTD 42" with 18hp Briggs twin. Trying to find an operators manual. I could get one from Yard Machines' site, but the model/serial number tag under seat is missing. Without those, you're at a dead end. Any ideas of location somewhere else on mower? I've got the Briggs info, but that's no good for ops manual for mower. Also a picture if this rings a bell with anyone.
Thanks - TW

Attachments

· Registered
2,432 Posts
Your engine was produced on 01/08/1994. With that early of a production, January, your tractor should be a 1994.

I've checked online and the model list i can find only go back to 1996. They had a 18 /46 in 1996 but no 42. So it's going to be a different manual, but let me know if you want that model number.

Walter

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot for your effort, Get, but no cigar yet. All 3 of these models show a speed control lever between the legs and mine has the Hydrostatic control to the side and right of the seat. Which makes the belt configuration/length a little different - I think.

The engine may be misleading because it looks much more fresh that the rest of the mower. Maybe an engine swap somewhere in its history. This thing originated from the Portland, OR area and it's pretty rusty underneath. Had to saw off the outer blade bolts to get the blades off to sharpen. Pain in the ***. But it's a good runner. I like it. It climbs a pretty steep trailer ramp without breaking a sweat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.