My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had purchased a mtd yard machine 18/46 from a guy here in town for $50 brought it home put a carb kit on and it fired right up so no problems with the engine my problem is with the model number and that it doesn't have one only thing i could find was the number 1183 AC so i called mtd and a guy there named robert gave me two possible model numbers 135p679h0000 and 135p668h000 now when i looked these 2 up they dont give me to correct parts list my tractor looks similar to the ones i have attached what i'm looking for is the blade engagement cable and the right bearings for the deck any help would be great thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
I see this is your first post, so welcome.
I am not sure on that cable, might have to make something. As for the bearings, have you pulled a spindle off yet? You may be able to read a number off the bearing and get something at a place that sells bearings...NAPA etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying and yes i pulled them off the deck and managed to replace the bearings on the 2 outer spindles but the center one was so torn up i couldn't get a number off of it and when i went to get the bearings i i thought they were all the same but as you can guess the center spindle had to be different lol so i'm having some trouble in finding that part number for that bearing due to that i don't have the right model number for my mower

·
Premium Member
2,914 Posts
If you have access to a place that has bearings, they should be able to measure the two parts (shaft & housing) and the old bearings to get the right dimensions for them and match them up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i do i also have another question whats the most common place/s for mtd to stamp the serial number on their yard machines?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I've had a lot of different MTD riders but no 600 series one that used a cable to engage the blades. Either electric PTO or the deck depth lever also engaged the deck. I do have an older 1985 44 inch 800 series that has a lever in the dash to engage the plates but a quick search of ipl doesn't show a cable is involved. I'll look a bit closer at it. Deck is not on it right now.I've got Murray/Nomas that used a cable. What's the lever in the left fender do? Is the centre lever a forward/neutral/reverse? that's typical of MTD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will post some pictures of what i have so you can better see what im dealing with

·
Another project? Why not!
166 Posts
yes i do i also have another question whats the most common place/s for mtd to stamp the serial number on their yard machines?
The MTD riding mowers I have used have had the serial number on a placard in one of two places: 1) on the bottom side of the seat (visible when you flip the seat up); or 2) on one of the rear fenders facing up (and therefore easier to have fade in the sunlight...:oops:).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks a million to all of you this is helping me tons i've never had such a hard time tracking things down everyone usally comes to me when they cant find what they need lol but im very thankful for all of your help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got 2 more questions for ya guys where can i get the mtd yard machine 18/46 decals?, mtd doesnt have them, and im looking to put a high back seat on my machine any good places where i can get one?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts