My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont get it....this model is a varidrive with the 3 pulleys that slide to change the gear ratio...all 7 speeds work great except 4...when I put it in 4 it starts off fine but if I come up to even a slight incline it stops!!...speeds 1-3 and 5-7 are fine....so this confuses me since the varidrive is using the same two belts for all speeds and the same pulleys...why would 4 not work?? is there some kind of tension adjustment??

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Re: MTD varidrive pulley system. all speeds work except 4. why?? same pulley & belts

I'm not knowledgeable about varidrive but it does sound like the belts are beginning to slip because of a glazed belt or worn pulley or a weakened tension spring.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Re: MTD varidrive pulley system. all speeds work except 4. why?? same pulley & belts

Mine does the same thing but I'm not running an OEM belt. Try a new belt first then if that doesn't help your pulleys may be damaged or the tension spring is stretched. Mine has plastic bushings for the idlers check to see if yours is the same they could be worn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts