My Tractor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Tins at the sand blaster. :tango_face_smile:

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Tins back from sand blasting. Primer coated. There are pits that will need filling before painting.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Tins are painted. :tango_face_grin:
Let them dry for a few days.

Attachments

Looking forward to the finished product.

As I have told Lance, I just don't recall many of those around here, south of Moline a bit.

A lot of Deere dealers over the years along with Massy Ferguson, International, an Implement dealer up the road sold Yanmars also.

There was a Coast to Coast but I don't think they sold any of the big MTD's.

CCMoe

Discussion starter · #47 ·
The paint is Rustoleum Sunrise Red. One other tractor is the same color.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Tins mounted and seat spacers made All I had was the short seat spring so 2-1/4" black pipe spacers raised to clear fenders.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #53 ·
It's not complete yet. The dash is typically broken at the throttle mounts. Going to use parts cut from a dash I have and epoxy it together.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
The dash tower is mounted. I cut the top edge off to make it flat then formed a 3" X 24" thin aluminum sheet to fit. Gives a metal surface for the hood to rub on. Happy with the way it turned out.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Mounted the dash components, regulator and 10 amp circuit breaker. Ready for wiring.
I bolted the throttle lever through the dash plate instead of behind it.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #58 · (Edited)
Wiring is complete. The key switch is a bit touchy, may have to get another.
Fuel filter inline had to be replaced as it clogged. Charging is working great and the engine governor works fine.
Looked at buying decals but $125 is a bit much.
Added up the costs. About $440 including buying the tractor. Sand blasting at $100 and tubes and tire mounting at $75 were the top costs.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #60 ·
First work for the 79' mowing the field. The steering is hard. I think a spindle is causing it. Movement in reverse is slow. Hoping it is an adjustment.
Motor runs strong.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.