1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
model #133h450f503
serial #1c05312-0072
Hi guys

I have a Transmatic with a 38" deck 12hp. I have been noticing that the mower has lost speed in the higher gears. Today while looking the other way :banghead3 i hit the front left wheel into a tree stump:banghead3 Now the mower wont move if there is a load on it ( me sitting on it) both forward and back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tryed adjusting the rod (in and out) that goes between the brake lever shaft and the part that both pulleys bolt to. the rear belt seems to have alot of slack no matter what i do. the rear belt tensioner still works.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did you replace the drive belt? It sounds like you glazed the belt. I don't know much about the belt driven models but it sounds like the belt is trashed.

·
Landscaper
153 Posts
i had trouble with my vari-drive system on the MTD lawnflite 604 i've got, Turned out to be a foreign body (part of a pine cone to be precise) stuck in the pully mechanism...preventing it from opening up and tensioning the pully fully to allow top speed.

Took the mower shop I use a while to find the problem, so i'd say give it a real good looking over. The guy said he needed to dismantle the rear section to get to this pully which was stuck, so not a quick job.

But since this pine cone was removed, had many hours of happy mowing at top speed =)

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i took my vari-drive pulley off tonight. Looks good moves up and down fine. put it back together. I was able to watch the rear pulley when there is weight on the tractor. the belt keeps coing around it but the pulley doesnt move much. im thinking it may be a stretched belt. i can move the pulley by hand fine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I finaly decided to use my brain lol. I traced the belt on the pulleys and noticed that the belt was on the wrong side of the idler pulley. Any idea what would have caused it to slip? I still am going to reolace the belts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts