My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been comparing John Deere, Kubota, and New Holland tractors MSRPs--all of them have pricing tools on their websites where you can get MSRPs for most configurations of their tractors.

I can't find anything like this for Cub Cadet. Am I just blind or do they not have it on their site? Can I get the MSRP for Cub Cadets anywhere online, or do I need to go to a dealer?

Thanks!

-Josh

·
Registered
790 Posts
First, I don't have an answer regarding an Internet source for Cub pricing. That said, remember that MSRP stands for manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price and most often there is a wide range between that and what the average tractor is actually selling for. I don't know if there is accepted margin factored in between what dealers pay or charge so I don't know how good a comparison tool MSRP actually is. And then dealers are always getting 'back-end' incentives that can greatly influence price as well. That's why car dealers often advertise that they will sell their cars at 'below invoice' prices.

Since I assume from the fact that you are interested in a new tractor perhaps you might post the question on the Cub Cadet forums to see if others that have purchased recently can share their real world prices with you. You may also be able to find a dealer that sells at extremely competitive prices that way as well. Just don't forget that your local dealer is the one most convenient to you should you need warranty service.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase. Let us know what you learn.

JN

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...perhaps you might post the question on the Cub Cadet forums to see if others that have purchased recently can share their real world prices with you. You may also be able to find a dealer that sells at extremely competitive prices that way as well.
What forum are you referring to? I'm in the Compact Utility Tractors > CUT Tractors by Brand > Cub Cadet forum, is there another Cub Cadet forum I should post in?

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Between the JD 2305 and the cub cadet they both will be simmilar priced because they have the same engine, go to all dealers an see who gives you the best brice.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Aren't they just Yanmars? I figure since Yanmar and JD have been best buddies forever, there probably would not be a load of price difference.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aren't they just Yanmars? I figure since Yanmar and JD have been best buddies forever, there probably would not be a load of price difference.
I thought Yanmar just made the engine--do they actually make the whole tractor?

·
MTF spunky member :)
187 Posts
I contacted JD and they told me that their 2305 all the way up to their beefiest CUT, the 4720, are made in georgia. It even says that on their website. JD also told me that they even assemble the engine from Yanmar.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I contacted JD and they told me that their 2305 all the way up to their beefiest CUT, the 4720, are made in georgia. It even says that on their website. JD also told me that they even assemble the engine from Yanmar.
I wonder what "made in Georgia" means in this context. Obviously John Deere is not mining their own iron ore, refining it into steel, etc. So they're getting the component parts somewhere.

The question is, what are they getting? Are they getting all the parts for a tractor and then assembling it? Sourcing stock metal and machining it to the appropriate sizes and shapes?

·
MTF spunky member :)
187 Posts
I wonder what "made in Georgia" means in this context. Obviously John Deere is not mining their own iron ore, refining it into steel, etc. So they're getting the component parts somewhere.

The question is, what are they getting? Are they getting all the parts for a tractor and then assembling it? Sourcing stock metal and machining it to the appropriate sizes and shapes?
Well for example, I know places like walmart have their own construction firms that strictly build walmarts. Instead of using the traditional design-bid-build method Walmart has one construction firm that specializes in building walmarts. I would imagine this idea works for JD as well. JD probably buys their iron ore from one company who only mines ore for JD. JD also has been best buddies with Yanmar diesel engines (for there smaller compacts). JD also is BFF's with Kawasaki (their gas engines for riding mowers and ZTR mowers). I mean AGCO subsidizes most of their products out (MF CUTs are built by iseki..their bigger ones by antonio carrero). I dont even think Agco directly builds any of their products.

Idk im not rly going anywhere with what im saying but I hope you kindof get the jist of it?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi All,

I've been comparing John Deere, Kubota, and New Holland tractors MSRPs--all of them have pricing tools on their websites where you can get MSRPs for most configurations of their tractors.

I can't find anything like this for Cub Cadet. Am I just blind or do they not have it on their site? Can I get the MSRP for Cub Cadets anywhere online, or do I need to go to a dealer?

Thanks!

-Josh
Here's a place you can try, a tennessee dealer who posts some pricing on the internet http://www.cubyanmar.com/ this place was significantly cheaper than my local dealer even though they had to deliver it to me-about a 1000 miles each way and they are a lot closer to you in WVa than to me in Ct. So far this has been a great machine.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Your source must be confused.

I don't know about the 3000 and 4000 series. But the 2000-series, including 2305, are made in Japan by Yanmar. We have loads of members here on MTF using them, and they have posted photos of the manufacturer's i.d. plates for both the tractor and the engines, and they clearly show that both are made in Japan by Yanmar.

Where is 2305 Manufactured?

Anyway, this is a pretty old thread.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Your source must be confused.

I don't know about the 3000 and 4000 series. But the 2000-series, including 2305, are made in Japan by Yanmar. We have loads of members here on MTF using them, and they have posted photos of the manufacturer's i.d. plates for both the tractor and the engines, and they clearly show that both are made in Japan by Yanmar.

Where is 2305 Manufactured?

Anyway, this is a pretty old thread.
My ex3200 is also labeled made in japan and is obviously a Yanmar

1 - 17 of 17 Posts